Crash on launch and/or preview... 7.5.1

(Chris Jones) #1

Sierra 10.12.6 | RapidWeaver 7.5.1… I am crashing as soon as I launch a project. Occasionally I am able to launch a project only to crash as soon as I preview a page… This is as buggy a build as I have ever seen… Any Ideas?

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #2

Maybe related to this?

(Chris Jones) #3

Thanks for the tip Jannis. Unfortunately it I=didn’t work for me :frowning:

If the project even opens without having to force quitting, I just get pinwheels when hitting the preview button until I get tired of waiting… (5-10 min…). Then it will work once… Out of 10 attempts.

(Chris Jones) #4

Crash on Preview… Anyone?

(Doug Bennett) #5

Not having that problem. Have you tried with a new project? If it happens on every project, might wish to try to reinstall RW.

(Mark Spaulding) #6

Seems to be working ok on my machine.

Good luck.
Blessings,
—Mark

(Chris Jones) #7

I need help with this Weavers…

I sent a support email but I thought I would post here too…

Support did ask me to "try going to Preview” "from another page” (From Dan).

• I tried that, no help…

I HAVE NOTICED something that may help you help me (because I am at a loss and I need help)

• Anytime I open my project, I can…
  • Anytime I click Preview = RW HARD crash
  • Anytime I open my project | AND DON’T HIT PREVIEW | Make a change and publish | No matter how small a change and publish | EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY

Including Preview!

Thanks in advance for anything, Chris Jones

www.jonesxray.com

(Dan) #8

Hi Macsterguy,

Can you send me over your RapidWeaver Project file? My email is dan@realmacsoftware.com

We’re still looking into this and if it’s an RW issue we’ll get it fixed ASAP for RapidWeavre 7.5.2

Cheers
Dan

(Dan) #9

Hey guys,

Please try out the new beta of 7.5.2, this should fix the preview issue you’re seeing: RapidWeaver 7.5.2 Beta 1 (18793b) - Fix for hang/crash on preview

Cheers
Dan

(Chris Jones) #10

Dan, Aaron, Weavers out there…

Would there be anything special I need to do since I am using the Mac App Store version on two Macs after I download the beta 7.5.2?

In other words, will the Mac App Store recognize the beta? Do I replace the current Mac App Store version or keep both?

What about a license?