Delete themes in RW7?

For some reason, deleting themes in RW7 is not working. RW says it’s moving the theme to the trash, but it doesn’t do anything. Theme there after relaunch. Have tried several times, no go. Also, can’t update to latest versions of themes like Strata, Reason Pro, and Iris. Even after import, shows the old version in Theme Tools. Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Bob, did you definitely run the Copy Addons routine the first time you launched RW 7?

Hi Mark,
Yes, when I updated from RW6 to RW7 I followed all the prompts and it imported everything. Not sure what’s going on, but I’m unable to delete themes or update them. Are you able to delete a theme and then replace it with the latest version?

Thanks!

I deleted all the themes manually within the RW7 package (Opt Click > ‘Show package content’) as this was the only way of doing it. Annoyingly, all the themes are in the list, although no longer present.

What is the 'Copy Add-ons routine supposed to achieve? I had to re-add Stacks manually and a critical theme. Personally, I think there needs to be a little more work on this: any add-on should be deletable by the user, without fuss. I use two or three themes, so anything else is unwanted clutter

Annoyingly, all the themes are in the list, although no longer present.

Wow! Is that’s what’s going on?? I hadn’t even thought of checking that, as I just assumed if you delete a theme using Opt Click > ‘Show package content’ that RW would not continue to show it. That’s a bug if ever there was one. Thanks Nick!

Thanks to Nick’s tip, I’ve figured out how to remove the themes:

Finder ->
Go ->
Go to Folder ->
/Users/YOUR_ID/Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/Data/Library/Application Support/RapidWeaver/Themes/

Surprising that out of the 300+ beta testers nobody caught this bug. Hopefully the next update will have it fixed.

Just a little more info for how to locate the Themes folder. Here are the steps I use:
RW7 ->
Right-click on theme ->
Show Contents ->
Command + i ->
Copy the path after Where: ->
Finder ->
Go ->
Go to Folder ->
Paste ->
Select themes you want to delete ->
Move to trash