Themes and add-ons not working in RW7

I just upgraded form 6 to 7 and non of the themes or add-ons are working. I’ve contacted support and posted in the help section but have not gotten a response.

I’ve looked through knowledge base and I see a post about moving from 5 to 7 but nothing about 6.

Any suggestions on getting these to work in RW7?

Brad,

Please would you say a little more about what you’re experiencing with ‘…not working…’.

Can you see them in RW?

Where are they located?

Is it just third party Themes that are not working?

I’m trying to use a third party theme by elixer. I started building it in RW6 and attempted to open the source file in RW7 (right click, open with) but got an error message.

Is there a way for me to physically move themes from 6 to 7?

Brad,

You have to go through a recognized process to upgrade from 6 to 7.

Suggest you give that a go and see whether you’re still running into whatever is wrong. Good luck!

1 Like

I’ve done this a few times and all I get is the “Something went wrong” error page. I’ve filled out the questioner and sent it it.

Brad,

I found it necessary to follow those steps to the letter.

What happens when you open the RW 7 Project file by double-clicking on it and when you open it from RW 7 once you’ve launched it and are presented with the option to open (recent) Projects?

Can you make other Projects in RW 7?

Have you got RW 7.0.2?

Where are your Addons and Themes, in which directory?

Mark,

Thank you so much for your help! It looks like the steps you listed first made the difference. As far as I can tell eveything seems to be working just like it did in RW6.

Your help is very much appreciated.

1 Like

Brad - that’s good news; thanks for letting us know!

1 Like