Duplicating page in RW7 creates conflict

Has anyone else experienced this?:

If I duplicate a page in RW7, the exact folder name of the page being duplicated is used as the folder name for the new page and thus a conflict is created because the page pointer links to the original page, not the new duplicate.

In RW6, the new page’s folder defaults to something like Page9.

Cheers,
Beem

(Dave Farrants) #2

Correct - you need to give a new page and folder name, it doesn’t automatically make a new folder as it did in RW6.

Thanks Dave, I prefer the old approach to be honest. Sometimes I just want to duplicate a page quickly and test some stack configurations without having to worry about duplicate folder names.

(Mathew Mitchell) #4

Wow, this is not a good new feature. Especially for novice users. And for anyone it can be easily missed. The RW6 way to naming duplicated folders is much safer.

I agree 100% Mathew. I have opened a ticket with RM so let’s see if this was perhaps unintended or a new approach.

(Dave Farrants) #6

Mmm? - I found duplicating a page needed a new folder name when testing the RW7 Beta, caught me out at first but soon got used to it.

Just re-visited this and now if I duplicate a page in 7.0.1 a new folder is automatically created - which is what you wanted - so why isn’t it doing it for you?

Edit - In some projects I open you’re right - it keeps the original folder name, in other projects it automatically creates a new folder - weird!

2nd edit! - If I’ve not renamed the folder and left it as page 2 or page 3 a new folder is automatically created with a page number + 1 - if I’ve renamed the folder it keeps the original folder name.

Weird, I am on 7.02 though. Still, one would expect consistency from one project to another if not between versions of RW.

UPDATE: FYI, RealMac has responded, saying that this will be fixed in a future release.

Cheers,
Beem