Ecwid is the right choice?

I would like to create a site with Rapidweaver (F6 stacks) and integrate ECWID store to sell products in POD (print on demand) through the dropshipper supplier named Printful .

Have any of you had any experience with Eciwid embedded in a Rapidweaver website?

I am a little doubtful because the Ecwid shop is incorporated on one page, and therefore I am afraid that it is not the best thing for SEO.

It does not offer widgets to show products in a different way and on pages outside the one hosting the Ecwid shop.

Do you have any store examples or useful suggestions?

1 Like

Thereā€™s a set of stacks made for Ecwid

As well as a free plugin from Ecwid

Thanks teefers,
I know they exist and that I can integrate the Ecwid store into Rapidweaver but mine was more of a general question about Ecwid.
The store is embedded entirely on one page and all content is shown on that Rapidweaver page. The product catalog, product pages, checkout are all shown on the same Rapidweaver page.

• I was wondering if it doesnā€™t penalize SEO.
  • Besides the fact that, being all in one page, I donā€™t have the possibility to create specific contents with Rapidweaver to show on specific products.

You can use many different carts. Pick one that you like. It doesnā€™t have to be a ā€œRapidweaver compatibleā€ cart or stack. I use Ultracart but the backend cart only, not Storefronts. I use standard RW pages for my ā€œstoreā€ and design it as I wish. Items are placed in the cart by use of ā€œAdd to Cartā€ buttons (snippets). Ultracart does have a monthly charge and some find it pricey. I provide it as an example only. In my case, I need all the options it provides.

Can you write me the links of some stores you have created with Rapidweaver and Ultracart?

I donā€™t think with the @RicardoRā€™s stacks it needs to be on A single page. There is a product stack that would allow you to display as many as you like on a page.

In order to position the various elements where you want best on the page, it would be really useful to have specific stacks for each element of the product page, for example, a stack for the images, one for the product name, one for the description, and so on for all the elements of the product pageā€¦

But I think this thing does not depend on @RicardoR will, rather it is Ecwid that does not allow him to do it.

Hello Massimo,

Although the Axyn Ecwid Stacks provide a lot of flexibility with the Ecwid store, it has limitations imposed by the Ecwid API. So I will give here a quick summary of some of the capabilities that your are looking for, and those that are not supported:

• you can display only a particular category of products. So, you can place one of those stacks in a different page to have just those products of your store. You can hide the Ecwid breadcrumbs and provide your own navigations, so not to end up at the top level ā€˜storeā€™ in those pages.

• you can customize the look and feel of each of those individual pages. That includes the images, product layout, fonts, colors and a whole lot of options.

• you have a stack to place individual products on a page. The individual products will follow the options that you setup in the Axyn Ecwid customizer stack for that page. You can use other stacks to control your exact layout. This is useful in a small store, but for a large store with hundreds or thousands of products it would be impractical.

• the Axyn Ecwid stacks also allow you to build multi-store websites. However only one store, or categories of a particular store per page.

• the Axyn Ecwid stacks v2.0 are in beta, and will allow much more customizations, adding products dynamically to the shopping cart, displaying dynamic popup notifications based on specific triggers, further customization of the search box etc etcā€¦

Check out the Ecwid on the Axyn.com website

Please keep the questions comingā€¦

Cheers,

Ricardo

1 Like

Thanks Ricardo,
I just have to clear my ideas to understand if Ecwid is the right solution for me.
Any idea when version 2 will be available?

Hi Massimo,

Here is some more info to help you explore Ecwidā€¦

If you donā€™t have a paid Ecwid Store (still using the free version to test) yet, and if you create a new one under my developers link, you can get a rebate on the Axyn Ecwid Stacks, once you upgrade to one of the yearly paid plans (details are on our website). If youā€™d like, I can create the free store for you, to insure that is done correctly under my link and once you decide to go with Ecwid and the Axyn Ecwid stacks you can get the rebate. If you are interested, send me a private message with the name/business name under which to create the store, and the email for that account and I will create it, and send you login credentials. After that all you need to do is change the password. If you prefer to create it yourself, please use the browser in private or incognito mode, then visit my website and follow the instructions to create a store under my link (keep it under the free plan until we can verify that it was generated correctly to qualify for the rebate).

With the free version, you have some limitations but you can get a feel for Ecwid. You can have up to 10 products, but not variations, some useful free add-ons from the app market are not available, amongst others.

Version 2 will come out around the launch of stacks v4.1, maybe a little before or a little after. Once you make a decision to go with Ecwid and our stacks let me know. I will be deciding on the upgrade path for the stacks soon. I will be also updating the sample projects bundled with the stacks.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Ricardo

1 Like

I have used ECWID for a few Rapidweaver sites. You donā€™t need to use the ā€œECWID Stacksā€, just embed the ECWID code for whatever you want to display (A Product, a menu, shopping cart, etc) inside a HTML stack.

Here is an example of a simple ECWID store I built a few years ago with Rapidweaver.

1 Like

Hi @Massimo,

@GRMacGeek is correct. Ecwid provides widgets to embed into websites, but, unless youā€™re willing to dive into the Ecwid CSS and API, you canā€™t control the look and feel, and the functionality of your store as you can with the Axyn Ecwid Stacks. Additionally, as the designer, you keep control of the website look, if you so desire, even if the user makes changes in the Ecwid dashboard, it will not affect the website created with the Axyn Ecwid Stacks. The web designer decides, what level of control the user will have on the look and feel of the site.

With the Ecwid stacks you can control the color and use local fonts (ttf, Wolff, etc), for nearly every Ecwid element in the store.

With the Ecwid stacks you can easily enable SEO friendly URLs. In fact, query based SEO friendly URLs are enabled by default.

You can control how the main tiles, category tiles, and product display, or if they are to display at all.

You can control the style of the search and shopping bag widgets. You can control how itā€™s shapped, color, border, corner radius etc. You can even add an image background to inner content of the search field (v2.0).

And much much more.

And in version 2, dynamic events stacks will be introduced. They will allow the user to be queried (w/ modal dialog) on a specific trigger, if they would like, for example, to add a product to the cart. And, if so, how many, and voila, the product is in the cart with a newly calculated total.

Please checkout the Axyn Ecwid Stacks product page for more info.

Cheers,

Ricardo

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.