Extra content not responsive

I’m building a new site (www.arendonkzingt.be).

I use the Plan theme from Multithemes. It has an EC but the content isn’t responsive.

How to make it work ?

Hi Bart,

Can you tell us which EC area you’re talking about, and then publish something in that EC area so we can see what’s happening.

Marten

Hi Marten,

I used an image in the EC 1 area (logo 2016).

bart

Does the theme automatically make images responsive? If not you will need something like Joe’s Fluid Image stack (other image stacks out there as well)

The theme is responsive, but not in the EC area.

You can try out yourself : http://arendonkzingt.be

If you change the with of the window, everything changes with the with but not the white EC area.

You’re right. It’s the EC area that is not behaving responsively. Have you contacted Michelangelo at Multithemes?

Marten

i have. i’m waiting his answer.

Just because a theme is responsive, does NOT mean the content in the theme will be responsive. Some themes, particularly earlier responsive themes, did not automatically make content responsive. The bouncing image you have on the page, that stack is obviously responsive, but it is not a standard image stack. Also, if you are using Stacks 3, then that will help too, as the image stack in S3 is a responsive stack.

Yes. I use S3.

When I select the option that the stack should not be visible on an mobile platform, it still is on an iPhone.

That is something you would need to contact @isaiah about. That would be a stacks issue.

In the meantime while you await a reply from Multithemes, you can make images in EC1 responsive with the following custom CSS code:

#extraContainer1 img {
    max-width: 100% !important;
    height: auto !important;
}

I just tested that on your webpage and it worked. The image scales down and you no longer have horizontal scroll bars showing.

-Will.

3 Likes

thanks will ! This helps so far…