[Foundation 6] When Updating is not enough

Thats what I thought too. When I removed what I believed all F1 from my pages, the warning message did go away - then came back the next time I made updates. This went on for a couple of weeks. It seemed like every time I uploaded an update, I got that warning panel. Last week, I reworked the entire site and the warning was gone. Today, when I went to update some pages, the warning panel is back.

joeworkman
Addon Developer

May 19

hartfelt:
I get the warning window, go through the website, remove the F1 stuff, window goes away, then shows up again after another update.

This does not sound like the same problem. It sounds like you are getting the Foundation 1 stacks warning. This shows up if you have any F1 stacks on the page.

The thing is we’re having problems when updating. That need to be fixed instead of justified.

I don’t think Joe’s trying to justify anything. He’s just explaining what he thinks has been happening to you when you can’t update.

I have both foundations 1and 6 , like probably thousands of others and haven’t seen the problem you’re experiencing.

There’s something different about what’s happening to you.

Perhaps you can give some more information about your setup.

Where’s the addons folder?

Some screenshots of the message.

What exact version of RW and stacks you’re using?

What exact version of the Foundation theme you have installed.

What exact version of the Foundation stacks are you running.

1 Like

Please go back and answer the questions that I have asked you (and @teefers too) You skipped many of them. I want to help. But you have to give us some data in order to help you out.

My apologies. I think I was frustrated when I wrote that. (I didn’t even remember writing that either) it wasn’t fare. Joe Workman is my dev of choice since Rapidweaver was installed in my Mac long time ago. His stacks and character is by far humble and professional and that’s why I didn’t think twice to take my money and give it to him.

I found out what happened. My problems are solved now. As I said before everything is fine after re-installing everything again.

The only thing different in my setup is that the addons/stacks folder is now living on an external hard drive. Maybe F6 it’s not syncing well because of that I mean, all the other stacks uodate fine and works fine including F1 and maybe that’s what gets me frustrated. Thanks for your help.

Sorry for not answering your questions on time. Our times not sync well because the different of hours and when I’m on the office. I will check all of them tonight and try to keep you updated.

Just wanted to mention that for at least a half year if not more, RW does not automatically notify me that updates to stacks are available. I have to manually check for updates too. That is something the devs need to know about. I thought it was just my setup, but @davidfreels says it’s happening for him as well.

Same here

I’ve noticed that stacks doesn’t check automatically as well. @isaiah?

Stacks not auto-checking for updates is a known bug. There is an open bug report for this. I believe it will be fixed in 4.1 or maybe 4.2.

I know that I have seen some odd issues with things not behaving properly when stored on a separate disk. It would be interesting to get @isaiah’s perspective on that.

it’s a bug i’m aware of. should be fixed in the next update.
developer beta testing starts on Stacks 4.1 at the end of this week :open_mouth::tada:
lots of good performance improvements – and, like always, some bug fixes too.

3 Likes

Joe, it happens again. This time I know what it is and I can solved it. Bad thing is this happens only with F6. No other stack is affected. Also I need to point out that the problem occurs when an update of RW or F6 is happening. After that you get these themes: https://d.pr/i/qTw3LY
It’s kind of annoying that we need to do the same again and again to fix this issue.

@dan @tpbradley what would make the theme update do this?

@Albertkinng so the stacks updated ok? In this latest update, it was only the theme that had issues?

For me, in a manual update of F6 stacks, the update never showed as complete.

Once I restarted RW, I got a notice to update add-ons, and that was for the theme component of F6. I updated and restarted RW.

Updated F6 themes and stacks were there.

RW 8.5.1; 10.11.6.

The update not showing complete is a known issue that I am helping look into with @isaiah

exactly. it created multiple files. just F6

Well hopefully @dan and @tpbradley can chime in. I have zero visibility into how these updates are handled.

To be fair though, I have not had any reports from anyone else about this happening. This is not a guarantee that it’s just not getting noticed though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.