FTP Server Timeout

I have been using Rapidweaver happily for some time, but today I have attempted to reload several pages following updates to several of my sites. Although I managed to upload several pages on one site, when I attempted to reload an entire site I received the message “Couldn’t sign in to your FTP server Timeout was reached”. I get a similar response when I try the ‘Test’ button. I haven’t changed passwords etc recently, so unsure what to do next. Can anyone help please? Thank you.

Hard to say what might be the problem.

”Similar” or the same? Test button does a basic test of credentials only. Server name, user name, and password, etc… If you can’t pass the test button test then re-enterall that.

It sounds like you are having different issues that aren’t related to each other. There’s no way that you could not have been able to test and then publish several pages.

Something changed; if you didn’t change anything, perhaps the hosting company has.

When asking for help with publishing problems, it’s best to provide complete information.

Starting with:

1. Name of the hosting company
  2. Screenshots of your publishing settings
  3. Screenshots of the error message that you are getting
1 Like

Thank you for your prompt response.

It appears that I had to change my upload settings from “Passive” to “Extended Passive”. I haven’t a clue what this is, and as I haven’t changed anything on my websites or settings, I am assuming that it was a change required by the hosting provider. Thankfully, I found some helpful information on your site.

Kind regards

Barrie

Will

Thank you for your prompt reply. It appears that I had to change my upload settings from “Passive” to “Extended Passive”. I haven’t a clue what this is, and as I haven’t changed anything on my websites or settings, I am assuming that it was a change required at your end. However, through trial and error it now works again.

Kind regards

Barrie Mahoney

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.