Hide Nav Bar (Climate Theme)

Hi,
My name is Toshi, and I have a question about a navigation bar.

I am using Rapidweaver 8 Climate Theme, and I would like to hide the navigation bar.
This is because I would like to use a navigation bar from other Stack and I don’t want to have two navigation bars.
Is there any setting that deletes the navigation bar which comes with the theme?

Kind Regards,
Toshi

Or at least I would like to move the navigation bar which is located at the centre to the right or left. Does anyone know how I can do that? Thank you.

Look in the theme style settings, if you have an option that’s where it will be

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your quick reply.
It seems like there aren’t any options that allow me to hide the navigation bar in the theme style settings, as shown in the attached figure.
Or am I looking at a different place?

Thank you,
Toshi

There is no option to hide the navigation bar or move it, it’s a fixed theme.
But you can set the navigation bar background colors opacity to Zero (0) in the Master Style
and
You can uncheck each page to “show in navigation” in the general settings for each page.
This will hide the navigation but the “bar” may still be there even though it will appear invisible.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for your quick reply.
That’s a pity, but thank you for telling me that.
I can stop searching for the nonexistent solution now haha.

Changing the opacity was such a good idea, but unchecking “show in navigation” also made them invisible from the navigation bar from Foundry, which is the stacks I am using, so I probably need to keep them ticked.

Thank you again!

What is the site url?

1 Like

OK, they are invisible invisible :wink: I thought you were going to use “buttons” to rebuild the nav bar, or a stack to make a nav bar… That was my assumption.

1 Like

I don’t host a server and I haven’t uploaded it yet, so I don’t have a site url sorry.

I also found that the issue occurs when I use Foundry control centre somehow.
As you can see in the attached pictures, the navigation bar works differently when I add Foundry Control Centre stack.
So I am writing a new topic now on Elixir community forums.

Do you know how to find the CSS target in your browser developer view when you preview in browser?
If you can find the target you can add a display:none !important to get rid of the theme menu.
Sorry I can’t help beyond that without a url so I can see the code and find what to target.

2 Likes

Using buttons is a good idea!
If I cannot find any way I can use the navigation bar, I think I will rebuild one with buttons.
Thank you very much for a great suggestion :blush:

Good Idea.
Also someone (Scott) good with CSS could help if you do post a site.
I thought you might use something like this to build your menu, it probably ha s all the options you want.

But i’m all for exhausting the potential of your current stacks and learning and experimenting :wink:

1 Like

If you’re using Foundry you need to use the foundry theme.

2 Likes

Thank you Scott for your advice.
I could find related CSS codes but there were many and it was more complicated than I thought to hide all of them.
I wish I can just delete some HTML codes in a similar way by adding some codes.
The associated HTML code was pretty straight forward as you probably know.
I apologise for not being able to provide the url, but you were a huge help so thank you very much! :slight_smile:

That looks so cool! I will consider that, thank you! :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that is how it works! Thank you very much for pointing that out.
I liked this climate theme, but I probably need to switch to one of the Foundry themes then :confused:
Thank you again! :slight_smile:

There is only one Foundry theme.

1 Like

Thank you for commenting David.
I thought Tesla and Voyager were both Foundry themes, or are they not?

They are both also made by Elixir who makes Foundry, but they are stand alone “conventional” themes. The Foundry stacks are only to be used with the Foundry theme. Please refer to the documentation on the Foundry site.

1 Like

I read the documentation on the Foundry site, and I realised that I misunderstood about it.
It turned out it is harder than I thought it would be but I am glad that I could know it now.
Thank you for your advice! :slight_smile:

1 Like