Home Page Formatting is all f*d up! RW8

Hm not sure what you mean.
I downloaded “pdf embed” stack but I didn’t use it on the Home page.
This is the only thing I can see to do- I hit “disable stack” but it didn’t help…00%20PM|690x215

here’s a screen shot.

Question is- how to create a new Home page??? anyone???

The working url is below.
Question is if I hit “Republish All files” will it publish the formatting errors I’m seeing in the Edit Mode screen shot below ?
If it publishes formatting errors I won’t be able to fix it. I’m already feeling like RW kinda sucks and am worried I’ll mess it up more…
https://www.kurukula.org

Formatting Mess up In Edit Mode: (Please help!!!)

DO NOT republish if you have errors, the errors will be published!
Slow down.
Describe everything precisely that was done when the problem started… .
Maybe I’m crazy, but have you tried powering your computer off, and restarting?
Sometimes that helps.

OK I won’t publish. It just sucks cause I can’t make any changes. It all started with my hosting co (Network Solutions) who sucks even more than RW who told me things were in the wrong htdocs folder etc… I have no knowledge of any of that I simply built the site in RW 8 & hit the publish button & it usually works. Until now. Now the pages were showing messed up formatting (as seen above). I didn’t do anything dif. I didn’t change the theme, or anything. I jsut make changes and hit publish but it looks weird so I’m not going to publish.

QUestion is how can I build a new Home page and delete the old one? Every other page is ok. Only the HOme page is appearing wacky in Edit mode…

Highlight your homepage in Rapidweaver.
Go to “file” in the status bar
choose “duplicate page”
You will now have a copy of the (home)page you can work with, you can do this with any page.
I really suggest you work on a copy of your original project file, for safety reasons.
Have you tried restarting the computer? A complete shutdown and restart?

Ok I’ll try that. I just rebooted computer but that didnt do it.
Are these problems typical of RW?

ANd when I duplicated HOme page it looks like this. It doesn’t have the house icon…Does that matter?
57%20PM

This support page seems to have a good success.
Yes it matters, you can only have one start page which you can choose by highlighting the page,
command click and you will see a dropdown list including “set as homepage” which will be grayed out
if it is the current homepage.

I’ve had this problem with theme and stacks mismatch? To cut a long story short! I deleted the project and started again; with a different theme??? I suspect it had something to do with CSS?

I had this happen the other day. As it turned out a link that I had on my page was causing the problem. When I removed the link to a Vimeo video the problem was corrected. I don’t know why but it was the exact same thing you are saying…

This has happened to me a few times. I have some “test” subdomains that I can use on just such an occasion; I also have multiple versions of the RW8 files, and I do find that rebooting the iMac often helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.