How do I import RW5 into RW7

HI there,

I’ve just upgraded my mac, and have been able to upgrade RW. I’ve jumped from RW5 to RW7 - but it crashes every time I try to open a site created in RW5.

Any suggestions?

Mark

Check on thew support page. There are instructions on how to upgrade from RW 5 to RW7. Here’s what you will find:

Upgrading from RapidWeaver 5 & Earlier

When upgrading from RapidWeaver 5 or earlier, you’ll need to
download a copy of RapidWeaver 5.4.1
to your Mac and be running OS X Yosemite or newer. RapidWeaver 5.4.1 is
a free download, and you can use the demo version to get your projects
ready for RapidWeaver 7 - there’s no need to enter a license.

1. Make sure that any third-party plugins you use in RapidWeaver 5 are
    up to date - the RapidWeaver Community website can help with this. When
    you download any available plugin updates, make sure you choose versions
    for RapidWeaver 5. RapidWeaver 5 plugins have a
    .rwplugin file extension.

2. Open your older project files (either with a
    .rwsw or
    .rwp extension) with RapidWeaver 5.4.1, and then save the project, to ensure it’s in a format that RapidWeaver 7 can read.

3. Download the latest version of RapidWeaver 7 from the Realmac Software website, and move it to your Applications folder.

4. Launch RapidWeaver 7, and when asked whether you’d like to copy your add ons click
    Copy Addons. RapidWeaver will copy over your themes,
    stacks, theme styles and other addons. Recent projects will not be
    copied over, as RapidWeaver 7 is a new app, and OS X only tracks recent
    projects as they are opened with each different app.

5. When your addons have been copied, you’ll receive a notification via
    Notification Centre, and can then use the View menu’s Manage Addons
    option to verify everything is in place. Click on the Plugins filter to
    see the plugins that are installed. If any of your plugins are missing,
    visit the RapidWeaver Community website download the latest version.
    RapidWeaver 7-compatible plugins have a .rapidweaverplugin file
    extension - plugins with a .rwplugin extension are not supported.

I have a RW5 file I would like to convert and I can’t get RW 7 to open the file with out the pluggins (accepting that my pluggin’s are out of date and need to be replaced).

Thanks - I tried this, but I found I had problems upgrading directly from RW5 to RW7. I was able to download a trial of RW6 to act as an intermediary - that solved the problem.

Not sure why that was - but thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Mark

I just launched RW 7 (upgrade) for the first time but it did NOT ask me about “whether you’d like to copy your add ons click
Copy Addons.” It launches and I can open a copy I made of me RW5 website, but I don’t have my addon Theme or Theme Styles that I can see in Application Support/Rapidweaver. Any suggestions?

BTW there was no installation (installer) process. The downloaded app was in my Download Folder. I simply copied it over to my Applications Folder and launched it.

Try holding the opt key when you launch RW7. It should have an option to copy addons.

Thanks I’ll give it a try.

RW%20options%20copy
I still don’t see my third party theme after launching with the OPT key. Maybe it needs updating. I am in conversation with the maker of that now…awaiting a reply.

I have this problem trying to upload from 5 to 7

The information here may help. Unless there’s a specific issue that @dan etc. know about?

https://help.realmacsoftware.com/en/articles/2201707-upgrading-from-rapidweaver-7-or-earlier