I want phpjabbers to include the standard online payment facilities...but what info do I give them?

Hi all, so I’m using PHPJabbers on this page: https://www.thearthouseoasis.com/calendardummy/.
They are USA based, but I want them to incorporate all the usual UK based online payment options into my booking form. They’ve said that they need the following:
"If you provide us integration documentation of the provider you want to use we will review and provide with a quote. "
But I’m not sure what this means? What do I do? Any help much appreciated.

It would probably be better to ask them what they need specifically I would think.

1 Like

Or, if you search the payment provider you want and the term ‘developer’, there’s usually a section of their site with their API or integration instructions (i.e.: https://stripe.com/docs or https://paddle.com/docs/introduction/) You could likely just send them the link to that and let them self-select which documents apply

They include Paypal which is great, but I want people to be able to pop in their credit card details to pay directly. Is this called Stripe payment facilities then? I’m a bit of a novice so don’t want to say it’s Stripe unless I know what I’m talking about lol.

PayPal does credit cards. If for some reason you don’t want to process credit cards through PayPal then You’ll need a payment gateway like strip.

You have to setup an account with them just like PayPal.

Ok so just to clarify, if I only have Paypal as the payment option, anyone who wants to pay will have to have a Paypal account set up? Is Paypal pretty industry standard do you reckon?

PayPal allows you to pay with a credit card without an account.

Ooh frickin eck, perfect thanks! :slight_smile:

In theory yes, but 99.9% of the population don’t know this, and when someone is checking out PP make it pretty difficult to see that you can pay with a card without a PP account (for obvious reason).

In reality, if you only offer PP to people who want to pay with a card they will either not purchase or email you asking how to pay by card.

PHPJabber scripts offer a couple of solutions.

The first and cheapest option is to select the “Collect card details for offline transaction” box in settings. Then, the buyer pumps in their card details, you get them in the dashboard and you then make a manual transaction with your card processor. This works, but it’s not idea, as it’s very VERY insecure, and possible now against the latest rules.

The other option is Stripe, who are an online card processor and payment gateway. A third of the price of Paypal and really easy to work with. PHP Jabber can add Stripe to any of their scripts, I have it added to all mine from them, typically they charge about €200-250 per script to do it.

Then you just setup a Stripe account, add your live keys to the script and you’re good to go.

1 Like

Check out the PayPal smart button . It’s really pretty clear that you take cards.

Strip is great as well. I’d never collect card information. Way to much risk and liability.

1 Like

Thanks for this info.

It would make sense for me to set up Stripe I think based on your info.

So when PHPJabbers say "
"If you provide us integration documentation of the provider you want to use we will review and provide with a quote. “

Does that mean I need to send them this webspage? : https://stripe.com/docs.

Does that sound right?

Gabrielle

UiKitter

October 30

Gabrielle:
Ok so just to clarify, if I only have Paypal as the payment option, anyone who wants to pay will have to have a Paypal account set up? Is Paypal pretty industry standard do you reckon?

In theory yes, but 99.9% of the population don’t know this, and when someone is checking out PP make it pretty difficult to see that you can pay with a card without a PP account (for obvious reason).

In reality, if you only offer PP to people who want to pay with a card they will either not purchase or email you asking how to pay by card.

PHPJabber scripts offer a couple of solutions.

The first and cheapest option is to select the “Collect card details for offline transaction” box in settings. Then, the buyer pumps in their card details, you get them in the dashboard and you then make a manual transaction with your card processor. This works, but it’s not idea, as it’s very VERY insecure, and possible now against the latest rules.

The other option is Stripe, who are an online card processor and payment gateway. A third of the price of Paypal and really easy to work with. PHP Jabber can add Stripe to any of their scripts, I have it added to all mine from them, typically they charge about €200-250 per script to do it.

Then you just setup a Stripe account, add your live keys to the script and you’re good to go.

Oh that Paypal smart button looks interesting. And Strip? Better than Stripe?

You should probably do both: Paypal + Stripe. Then you’re nicely covered.

»but I want people to be able to pop in their credit card details to pay directly« — that’s Stripe.

In my end of the world a lot of people drop out – when Paypal is the only option. This is my experience from several shop sites. Stripe is somehow better because you don’t actually see ‘Stripe’ – you just see the check-out with Visa, Mastercard and the other cards (not really interesting in my part of the world)

Best, DeFligra
Mac’o’holic | Stack’oholic | Web’o’holic

1 Like

My English is a little rusty – it’s not the end of the world… probably part of the world :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for all the input, much appreciated.

Just tell them you want Stripe, they’ll have all the info they need. Just a word of warning, they’ll want money up front and it’ll take about 30 days.

yes, they want £177 (on top of the booking system itself) which is quite steep for me, but I don’t really see any way round it, Stripe is the most professional way forward I reckon.

That’s about right, in terms of it’s inline with what I paid for the same task, I’ve had Stripe added to loads of their scripts. It’s just what they charge for custom work and after dealing with them for some time now, I think it’s how they make their money: Their scripts are really cheap, they make the real money on customising them.

Most of their new scripts, and updated old scripts are now coming with Stripe as standard. I paid about €200 to have Stripe added to their old v.2 appointment booking script, a few months later they launched v.3 and it had Stripe as standard. Just the way it goes.

They are worth it though in my opinion. I use their stuff extensively, for my own sites and for other devs sites, they are a bit ropey when it comes to styling them, you need to dig into the css to really adapt them, but the scripts themselves are rock solid.

Thanks for that information :-). I’ve yet to find the source script in my control panel, where is it? Is it something we can look at and tweak ourselves or is it something they always charge to tweak?

I don’t understand what you mean.