@import pluskit alternative

(ruby smith) #1

hi there,
is there a good alternative to pluskit for using the @import functionality?
thanks! ruby

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #2

What do you want to achieve in detail, e.g. which content do you want to import where?

(ruby smith) #3

i want to replace the pluskit plugin in my project. use the @import functionality and nothing else from pluskit. (i use the latest version of pluskit)

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #4

Without more detailed info: no replacement available.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #5

If you are using Stacks pages, then of course you can always use partials
http://yourhead.com/partials
Watch that video as it explains it in a great way. If you are using not stacks pages, right now, there really is no replacement.

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #6

But partials are really not a replacement for @import statements with pluskit, if the content you want to import is not a stack. Therefore my question what needs to be imported :wink:

(ruby smith) #7

well. i was hoping for a replacement in the sense that i won’t need to to change anything in my code so that the replacement (another plug-in probably) will just step into the place of pluskit…
i am importing whole pages (album and collage) into a stacks page. thanks!

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #8

If you are speaking of the photo plugins, I suppose to use a Stacks plugin based solution therefore.

(ruby smith) #9

i really dont want to redo the galleries… is it that what you suggest?

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #10

Well, either stick to @import, or redo the galleries.

For the photo album plugin, I have an older stack able to import these into a new stacks page:
https://instacks.com/gallerystack2/

(ruby smith) #11

danke jannis! dieser stack sieht interessant aus! finde auf der seite leider keinen download link. hm?

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #12

Yes, this stack is deprecated and replaced with version 3, which isn’t able to import these old galleries, but if you send me a direct message, we can find a solution :slight_smile: