WebYep is an opensource CMS (content management system) favoured by thousands of users for its ease of setup, reliability, great multilingual support and its simplistic approach towards online editing. A perfect solution for making frequently-changed parts of a website remotely editable outside of RapidWeaver or for letting clients safely edit parts of a website themselves.
The eagerly awaited WebYep v2 has recently been released, and we have simultaneously released a brand new pack of powerful WebYep stacks. The WebYep stacks work with both the free version of WebYep and the forthcoming commercial version. The commercial version of WebYep is unbranded, with support for a REDACTOR rich text editor and file manager.
You can use WebYep in RapidWeaver without the stacks. But our stacks make the setup of editable content regions in your pages much easier. This is a friendly and flexible CMS solution for RapidWeaver, which anyone can use. WebYep is a tried and proven CMS we actively use daily in websites for our own clients.
The current pack of WebYep stacks (as of version 2.1, March 2018) includes the following:
- Assistant - the main WebYep stack you add to every page
- Attachment - creates file download links with customisable icons
- Boolean - instantly toggle the display of page areas on and off
- Calendar - populates calendar tables with events
- Conditional - hides or displays content if authors are logged in
- Grid - a responsive grid authors can add or remove items from
- Image Gallery - responsive thumbnail grid with popup lightbox
- Image - static images that can be changed by an author
- Login Button - place a login button anywhere on the page
- Long Text - a long extract of plain text an author can edit
- Loop - page areas which can be repeated and reordered
- Markup - a plain text / HTML editor for content authors
- Menu - links which open dynamically generated pages
- MP3 Player - embeds a single audio file
- MP4 Player - embeds a single video file
- Organiser - Trello-style project manager or schedule with cards
- Rich Text - an editable area with link and formatting buttons
- Short Text - a short extract of plain text an author can edit
- Tabs - lets content authors setup panels of tabbed content
- Time Control - displays page areas, based on date / time
- Toggle - lets content authors setup accordion panels of content
Use as many or as few WebYep stacks as you want. The modular nature of this setup offers great flexibility. The loop and menu stacks are immensely powerful. Some of our other stacks like CutOut also incorporate WebYep compatibility.
Minimum system requirements
- RapidWeaver 7
- Stacks 3.5
- PHP 5.6 (7.x or greater is better, as 5.6 is approaching end-of-life)
- SSL certificate (this stops web browsers nagging you about insecure login forms)
- WebYep 2 free or commercial
This video [CC] provides a quick introduction to the WebYep stacks. As always, you can download a free demo version of the stacks to play with. WebYep itself is available to download from the Github project page and is extensively documented. Any technical questions you have about the WebYep stacks can be emailed direct to us. Any general questions about WebYep can be posted to the forums.