Hello all, I have this error on some markdown text only with Pc and chrome for pc…
Visualization on Mac is perfect, on PC this weird character appear. (see screenshot).
I did use both iA writer and the scribe stack, in both way I have the issue.
Did you copy this text from another application? I’d try opening up the markdown and do a
Select all text (⌃Cntl+a) and then copy (⌘ Cmd+c) then do a paste as plain(⌥Opt+⌘ Cmd+v) text right back, replacing all the text. I’d do that on every single markdown stack you used.
First I copied from the old formatted text inside a text stack, then I tried to edit into iA Writer, but the odd thing is that on MacOS and iOs look everything ok…
Now I want to try what you told me. I keep you updated, thanks.
You do need to be really careful when preparing markdown code, it must only be text without any formatting codes visible or hidden.
I use a number of different text editors when preparing and editing markdown, a good FREE editor is the Microsoft Visual Studio Code editor. I use this when I copy a whole page of MS Word text, paste it into VSC editor and all you get is plain text ready to be styled with markdown.