It's time for the tooopic, nowwwwww - Fiverr

This is a ways off-topic, but, I am trying out Fiverr based on the couple of shout-outs it got on the podcast and seeing what kind of logo I can get. I haven’t seen the totally final product yet but I have to say that it’s pretty cool. I don’t at all understand their business model but that is for them to work out, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I had never heard of that site before then.

1 Like

@jabostick – in case you still don’t get their business model, here is a link to an article that explains it pretty good.

Thanks for that link, an interesting read.

I was curious about the logo stuff because people often want a logo alongside a new website. While I am adequate at it, I’m more a Photoshopper than an Illustarator so I wouldn’t consider creating something from scratch a strength. So i was curious what fiverr could offer (and if the ‘you get what you pay for’ adage rang true).

But the first mock-up looked good. This gig was two logo options and for an extra ~$10, I can get the source files and do my own edits and re-working. So, we’ll see what the final product is but still feels like a steal in my favour. :slight_smile:

If you are satisfied with the job – that’s great. But be aware of all kinds of scams that are going on under their nose, so to speak. There are tons of warnings to be found on Internet, regarding Fiverr.

One of the best articles, written by a “frequent customer” is this: http://jaysoriano.com/blog/fiverr-scam/

1 Like

Once you get your logo, it’d be worth checking it hasn’t just been lifted from somewhere before you consider using it: http://blog.folyo.me/the-5-dollar-logo/

—E

1 Like

@ElliotEKJ Yeah that was the one thing I was nervous about. Do you just do a reverse image search for it? What is a good way to test that out?

@Rovertek Another good link!

I may have to keep this site for just personal use. Definitely don’t want to get into any copyright territory.

Well done, forum.

@jabostick – I know that not everyone is blessed with the graphic-design talent, but a logo is so simple a job that you can certainly try your hand, especially so, that you are a “Photoshopper”, as you say. I have done that myself and I got a pretty nice result (I use that logo on my web site). :grin:

1 Like

Two things:

1. You get what you pay for.
  2. If you go looking for scams you’ll find them.

btw. All the audio I’ve had done on Fivver has been great. Expect to hear more of it on this weeks show :wink:
Also, it always cost me more than “$5”, but that’s okay. Honestly, if someone really is designing or recording for just “$5”, they are going to be pretty shit, right?

2 Likes