Yes… I’m certainly ‘out there!’
I was given two sections of code to replace all and any existing AddThis code on the site. Here’s what I had:
Both bits of code went into the Settings/Code/Body area in RW7, and I replaced PUTYOURPUBIDHERE with my pub id. You can get this from your embed codes in the AddThis dashboard, after setting up a widget.
I did have to remove all existing AddThis code, though, as some old stuff was clashing with the new stuff, so make sure that this is the ONLY AddThis on the page. And make double-sure that you’re not looking at a cached page when checking!
Hope that helps. This ‘fix’ is actually for an issue with Shopify sites, but this works for me … let me know if it does for you.
Oh, and forgot: the ‘v’ wasn’t the issue after all, apparently, so I’m not sure why they mentioned it!