Link does not work in foundation site

(Michael Gamer ) #1

Hello all,

I´m just making a new version of my site, now with the foundations stacks. I have a link on a picture which leads to another page, this easy and fine in preview mode, but when I try to make a preview in Safari, the page is not found and I get an error message.
Can anyone give me a hint what is wrong here?

Just a quick guess because I can’t access RW right now but are your pages in the site settings set as relative to page or relative to docroot?

Judging by the way your page is shown I think it would only work if set as docroot otherwise you would need to add the full url manually to create a link.

How to move a site to fundation
(Oscar Schmid) #3

With a preview in Safari (in RapidWeaver), it cannot work, because only this page is in the preview, not the whole site.
You must publish the site to see this !
Or you export the site.
Then you can see the whole site in the finder or in MAMP etc.

(Michael Gamer ) #4

I did export the site, but it did not work. the link is fine in preview mode but not when I export and open the index file with Safari. Now I I think I know the reason. I moved a few pages (including sub-pages) from an old website to the new (foundation) site using drag and drop between two RW windows. Maybe something there got broken.

(Oscar Schmid) #5

Perhaps, you have activated “Tidy Website Links”.
With this setup, the link in the exported website don’t go to the page, only to the folder of the exported website.

(Michael Gamer ) #6

Thanks for the fast reply. “Tidy Website Links” is off, I use the same settings as shown in your attachment. But now I have nearly pinned the error. A three column foundation stacks seems to be “broken”. If I try to place a header I get a result like in the attachment. When I build up this part of the page with a new three column foundation everything is fine.