Looking for Catalog Solution…

Hi there,

I am reposting this (originally posted in Feb.) with some additional info, as I am now able to better define what I’m looking for… Specifically, I would like to construct a product catalog to present our inventory of antique furniture which looks like this page, which is accessed from this gallery of thumbnails. I like this page, as the thumbnails zoom on hover; and, when a thumbnail is clicked, it presents a lightbox.

Other Considerations:

• Currently have ±150 pieces which will eventually grow to 300-400+.
  • Need Pix + Text. I want to present a particular piece with up to, say, 10 thumbnails alongside its description (several paragraphs of text). This will add up to several thousand pix in total.
  • Do not want an ecommerce solution, as we actually do not want to display prices (description will have “please contact us for pricing information” blurb).
  • Should I be concerned about page loading times, with this many pix? (My understanding is warehousing makes the workflow too cumbersome).
  • Also concerned with having least-painful workflow in terms of creating “listings”

Ideas and comments would be valued.

Thank you!

This is a perfect case for Total CMS and the blog function. You can easily filter content based on tags and categories. I wish I would have some examples to show, but I do more support than I do make websites now. Still think this is your best solution to use, as you can easily add and remove content anywhere in the world.

Agree, TotalCms is the solution for this.

1 Like

Here is an example of a Catalogue with Poster + Cart:
http://forums.realmacsoftware.com/t/introducing-postercart-a-free-shopping-cart-project-powered-by-poster-cart2/18717/15?u=yuzool

2 Likes

Another vote for TotalCMS here, I use the blog to store individual architectural projects for a practice, each project has many images and descriptive text.
What I like most about TotalCMS is that I/others can add, delete, edit projects within a browser from any computer.

1 Like

Hi, I built something extremely similar to what you need for an art gallery few months ago. Here is the final result https://www.republik52.com/catalogo/catalogo-en-linea/

It’s in spanish but you get the idea, it’s completely built with TotalCMS, very powerful set of stacks. Get in contact with me for any suggestion you may need.

3 Likes

That is really clever. Nice one!

I wonder if @joeworkman could add the ability to integrate a simple cart system that worked with PayPal/Stripe into TCMS? Then you’d have an online shop that clients can update entirely from a web browser.

Rob

That is the plan… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sweet! Please do not forget support for Mollie, as it supports iDeal. The biggest payment system in the Netherlands.

1 Like

+1 for iDeal in the Netherlands

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.