I am reposting this (originally posted in Feb.) with some additional info, as I am now able to better define what I’m looking for… Specifically, I would like to construct a product catalog to present our inventory of antique furniture which looks like this page, which is accessed from this gallery of thumbnails. I like this page, as the thumbnails zoom on hover; and, when a thumbnail is clicked, it presents a lightbox.
- Currently have ±150 pieces which will eventually grow to 300-400+.
- Need Pix + Text. I want to present a particular piece with up to, say, 10 thumbnails alongside its description (several paragraphs of text). This will add up to several thousand pix in total.
- Do not want an ecommerce solution, as we actually do not want to display prices (description will have “please contact us for pricing information” blurb).
- Should I be concerned about page loading times, with this many pix? (My understanding is warehousing makes the workflow too cumbersome).
- Also concerned with having least-painful workflow in terms of creating “listings”
Ideas and comments would be valued.