Looking for lightbox gallery stack which doesn't pull from other pages and which works for same size images

(Gabrielle Vickery) #1

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a great lightbox gallery stack?

I need one that doesn’t pull information in from any other pages as I really want to drag and drop, and one that will also work when images are all the same size. I’ve tried the Doobox Montage stack which I love but it’s a better stack for different sized images, and I’ve tried the Instacks Gallery Stack which I also love but it means making lots more gallery pages and then pulling them in, which I would rather avoid if possible.

Here’s hoping you guys have the answer :wink:

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #2

Dear @Gabrielle,

I am already working on an update for Gallery Stack, where you are able to drag and drop images into a Stacks 3 page, including build-in preview (finally), and removing the need for an RW Photo Album as base for the pictures.

Cheers, Jannis

A couple favorites of mine that satisfy your requirements.

• Will Woodgate’s SwipeGallery
• Seydesign/Nimblehost’s Masonry

I think Masonry is one of the most unique in appearance. It is fully responsive, but its not “swipeable” on mobile devices.

(Gabrielle Vickery) #4

Jannis, ooo that IS exciting I’ll wait for that one then ;-)).

Bioguy thank you so much for those links, I love the animated repositioning of the Masonry stack, Jannis I don’t suppose you can build that sort of effect into your updated stack can you? ;-)).

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #5

That is already on my plan, too :smiley:

http://masonry.desandro.com

(Matthias Ficht) #6

Wow, that masonry looks killer! :slight_smile: What also would be nice – additionally to the drag-and-drop feature of the forthcoming update: an option to warehouse the images, where the images would automatically be fetched from a directory on the ftp-server…

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #7

This FTP functionality is already there, and you should have it on your disk already if I remember correctly :wink:

http://instacks.com/photostreamstack/

Web Folder = FTP. A separate folder for thumbnails is supported in addition. Masonry will be integrated into this also.

(Matthias Ficht) #8

Aaah, great! How could I overlook this…? :slight_smile:

(Gabrielle Vickery) #9

Any idea when your updated gallery stack might be ready to purchase Jannis? :wink: