Lost hard copies of site. How do I open downloaded site?

My computer and backup drive were wrecked while backing it up and lost all hard copies of my site. I copied all the files from the web server. How do I open the site now in RapidWeaver6 (it was made years ago in a very old version of RapidWeaver)? I have index.html and index.asp files and then folders for each page.
andy

I’m sorry but I have only bad news for you. You can’t. RapidWeaver can only open project files, not an exported site that you download from the server.

Leif

are there any short cuts having all the files from the web, pasting in content? tricks? Or do I have to build it from scratch?
andy

I’d say it’s a good thing to have all the files from the server to work with. Then you don’t have to recreate all the images and you can copy/paste text if you open the html pages in a text editor. But basically you have to rebuild the site from scratch. See it as an opportunity to make it fresh and modern/responsive (especially since it’s many years old in your case).

Leif

@andym – As Leif said, there is no way to import your site from a server back to RW. This time, you are screwed. But take a look at this discussion and you will be presented with a solution for the same problem in the future…

Try Sitesucker. It downloads entire websites (and then you can cut and paste from there) including all graphics.

No need for Sitesucker since @andym have already downloaded all files from the server. If you have FTP accessibility that’s usually a better solution for downloading the site.