Mac OS Sierra - Is RW ready?

It looks like Sierra will be here on the 20th. Is RW ready?

And if it is ready? What Sierra features will be available?!?

I installed it last night and I’ll try later on but most apps seem OK so far with the notable exception of Screenflow. Apart from Siri I’m struggling to see much difference between El Capitan and Sierra.

@Elixir Animagic is not upgrading properly to V1.1.3 and appears after every restart of RW as an available update, however it remains stuck on V1.1.2 despite numerous install attempts. This was also happening in El Capitan.

@ashleykaryl: Was a mistype in the PLIST file. Try it again and you should be good to go. :+1:

Had nothing to do with the MacOS.

@Elixir Thanks that seems to have updated properly now to 1.1.3. The only strange part is that no other stack has a two-tone double layered appearance like that and I wondered if this was correct?

Adam has created some icon magic there :wink:

Yep. Just a custom icon.

@instacks: I see what you did there… magic. I get it. :smiley:

I’ll return this thread to its regularly scheduled topic. :wink:

So, basically, no answer to the original poster’s question? After 2 days? Hello, RMS…

I just wanted to Bump this. Is RapidWeaver officially Sierra supported?

OK, with Sierra out today, any official word from Realmac (@dan, @ben, @LaPan, @Aaron) if 7.0.4 works in Sierra? Are there any known issues with Sierra?? I just launched it and it asked me to download the Osaka font?!? Any ideas why?!?

Also, when I started it, it looks like this:

any ideas??

I personally don’t have macOS Sierra yet, but I’d recommend grabbing the 7.1 candidate as this is the latest stable version with macOS Sierra.

You can get the 7.1 candidate here: 👍🏻 RapidWeaver 7.1 Release Candidate 1 is go!

Remember this is a beta and it’s important to back up your files as 7.1 sitefiles are not backwards compatible to 7.0.4

1 Like

never mind…
stupid character limit

I updated to OS X 10.12 Sierra today. [not beta]
Just gave RW v. 7 a good workout and seems to work great.
Stacks, Album, etc., all seem ok too.

1 Like

@LoneStarM @zeebe - Just make sure you’re using the most up-to-date 7.1 beta as it fixes a few quirks when running under Sierra.

And in answer to the original question - Yes RapidWeaver 7.1 is Sierra ready!

4 Likes

Hi - I’m losing theme on individual blog entries since updating - though I’l happily admit I may have done something dumb to cause this. e.g.:

I still don’t know if RW is Sierra compatible ? Where is the answer?

Dan says it is just two post before this one. See above. As always your mileage may vary.

1 Like

WHEN it’s released. It’s still in beta as we close out the last few issues going.

You can always download the beta if you wish by allowing beta updates in your prefs.
IMPORTANT

Projects saved in 7.1 are NOT backwards compatible with 7.0.x builds of RapidWeaver. Please back them up before Installing this update.

2 Likes

@LaPan Isn’t this lack of backwards compatibility between a 7.0 and a 7.1 a bit unusual?

It has to do with the way project files are treated for the quick opening features and such.

2 Likes