Making General Settings the default

(Andreas Belivanakis) #1

Every time I create a new page, I see the default Rapidweaver 7 general settings, but I’d like to use my own.

How can I make my own Rapidweaver 7 General Settings stick? In other words, the default?

(Rob D) #2

Perhaps it’s the language barrier, but I’m not sure I understand your issue. Could you explain a bit clearer? Can you use some screenshots to illustrate what you mean?

(Andreas Belivanakis) #3

Well, every time I open a new project, I want the general settings fields to be pre-populated with my own selections. Here is a screen shot to illustrate my question:

(Rob D) #4

Well, every time I open a new project, I want the general settings fields to be pre-populated with my own selections.

Do you mean “create a new project”? Or do you mean “open a project”?

This is an important distinction, because when you create a new project, all fields need to be populated by you manually. Then, when you open a project where you’ve previously populated all fields, those lines should be still populated with your data.

Are you saying that that data disappears from General Settings?

(Andreas Belivanakis) #5

I mean “create” a new project. Of course I can populate the fields manually, myself, but they do not start out blank. They are pre-filled with values that I chose myself once, back in the Rapidweaver 5 days, under the Setup > Advanced tab. This feature seems to be missing from Rapidweaver 7, and the pre-filled values are old, so I have to change them each time I create a new project.

(Rob D) #6

I think that for the pre-filled values to get permanently changed, you would need to delete RW’s Preferences file and create a new one, but you better confirm that with RMS…

(Andreas Belivanakis) #7

I was afraid I’d have to do that. Deleting Rapidweaver’s preferences is easy, but rebuilding them is a mothafuckah. Entering all the serial numbers one by one all over again, etc.
:slight_smile:

I wish they hadn’t taken away the Advanced tab from Rapidweaver 5. Why they did, is a mystery.

(Doug Bennett) #8

I was not using RW5 but have requested this be done when @dan asked for what would you like to see in RW8.

It was also asked for when the same question was asked for RW7 but didn’t make the cut.

(Rob D) #9

I know. That’s why, instead, I’d rather change few lines manually when I create a new peoject…