MetaMate plugin

(Mark Sealey) #1

MetaMate was mentioned on the RW podcast #5 (thanks, Ben and Dan); has anyone any experience of it, please?

Is it an advance over RW’s built in metadata settings?

TIA…

(Peter Danckwerts) #2

I use it. It saves a bit of time.

(Aaron Marquez) #3

I’ve heard of this plugin before but never looked into it. Looking now, it definitely seems like a timesaver. Going to take the plunge!

(Steve Harlington) #4

I use MetaMate for my sites. It really helps when you have sites with over 10+ pages.

I have one RW project with about 75 pages and without it I would be lost.

(Mark Sealey) #5

Thank you, all!

So it can do things which RW’s own built-in metadata settings cannot?

(Mark Sealey) #6

Anyone know if Mike at PagesOfInterest is still around, please: although his time zone is very different, I haven’t had answers to these two questions despite trying quite a few times:

1 - when do I use %tokens% and when do I use straight strings; I’ve read and reread the mmanual, but it still isn’t clear to me?

2 - why would a fresh install of MetaMate (Yes, I bought it; hope I shan’t regret it) display the (existing) metatags which I’d already entered into RW 6’s Configure > Code > Metatags setting on some pages but not others?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these questions!

(Peter Danckwerts) #7

I’ve only just started using Joe Workman’s SEO Helper for Foundation. It’s really good for creating Open Graph metadata.

(Mark Sealey) #8

Thanks, Peter! I can well believe it :smile:

I’m not yet working within Foundation - so really need to understand the ins and outs of MetaMate