Multiple copies of same stack?

Hi all

One for Isaiah I think?

I store my stacks in iCloud for access across two machines and have changed the preferences in each copy of RW8 to point to this folder.

Just looking into my Rapidweaver folder (see screenshot)

and note that I seem to have multiple copies of the Pluskit plugin. Is it safe to delete all but the most recent? Should Pluskit not overwrite the previous version of itself when updated?

Regards

This could all depend on how many of the zipped or unzipped files you have in the downloads folder. If you download it the first time, and not trash that file, when you download it the second time it renames it differently. Something macOS does, not RapidWeaver or the developer. Just figure out the correct version to have and delete the rest, then go through your download folder and delete any from there. If you want to keep downloads, move them to another folder for safe keepings, or go into your add-on files and duplicate and zip them so your backups are there instead.

Not only safe, but recommended. In fact, please just delete and reinstall a fresh copy from our website.

I’m afraid I don’t have much to do with this bit. It looks to me like an installer has gone off the rails here. Both the installation and updating of plugins is the job of RapidWeaver, so I think we should report this one to @tpbradley.

That said, I would strongly advise to remove RapidBlog. It was decommissioned last year and does not work well with modern Google APIs, modern RapidWeaver, or modern Php. If you search these forums you’ll find that someone has created a nice stack to replace it using (and updating) the original RapidBlog Php code.

Maybe a time to do a once-over on the whole add-ons directory. It’s always a good idea to only install the plugins you’re currently using. Disable all the others and RW will run faster and with fewer issues.

Isaiah

Isaiah

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.