Need a Stripe Cart

This is now a really good workable solution for many small business web shops and turns RW into an easy to setup and use solution that can deal with items going in and out of stock with just a re-publish.

Whatā€™s great about Michaelā€™s approach to delivering stacks is his willingness to listen and act on user feedback.

2 Likes

Where is the show the .00 in the cart setting? Iā€™m getting $15 rather than $14.99. This is broken on my site and I canā€™t figure out why. It works on a simple test site I created.

Broken here:
http://thriftycabinets.com/plans/furniture_plans/dresser_plans/

Works here:
http://www.kieffer.us/test/

I have it set to $14.99
43 AM

Hold the presses! I think I have found the problem. Yep. Now I see the "Show Total Decimals in the Cart Base General Settings.

1 Like

Thanks @bruce and glad you found it out :slight_smile:

Hi @yuzool

Is there no variable pricing option in Cart 2? I want to offer a differing price depending on number of people (in cart 1 I could have a variable drop down).

Thanks Nigel

1 Like

ā€œVariableā€ is included in the Cart 2 stacks. Take a look at it. Iā€™m not sure it will work the way you want it to, but if it does please let the rest of us know how you used it.
58 PM

1 Like

Iā€™m curious if thereā€™s a way to provide a discount with the use of a code provided to certain buyers? ā€œApply discount codeā€ kind of thing.

Thanks @Nigel - yes there are product variations but only for the type - size, colour etc. It wonā€™t affect price. To do that it would be best to create a button for each a set a different price. Iā€™ve seen this in a great example site (donā€™t have it to hand) and the user separated the buttons using a pill/tab Stack :slight_smile:

@bruce - no coupon codes included as yet but weā€™ll look into adding this - good idea

1 Like

Cart 2.2.5 Free update is here :slight_smile:

Details:

• NEW Disable PayPal so checkout with Stripe ONLY as an option
  • NEW Add a Cart Title in the Cart Modal Pop Up
  • FIX Centering buttons in FireFox
  • UPDATE Cart icon updated to latest Emoji: šŸ›’ Shopping Cart Emoji

Thanks to @thang for testing + @NeilUK @goodmanco @TINO for the idea of Stripe only (Solution for selling more than one quantity with Yuzool Stripe or Stripe Checkout? - #3 by NeilUK)

And I think it was @webdeer or @robbeattie (perhaps) who suggested a Cart Title :slight_smile:

Anyway - all good feedback and appreciated :slight_smile:

Download via Sparkle Stack updates, Yuzoolthemes Bundle account and individual Stack owners email just sent out.

Disable PayPal:

Title of Cart

Happy weaving with ecommerce shops!

3 Likes

Great update for an awesome shopping system for RW!

1 Like

How does Title of Cart work? I change it in this setting, and RW crashes every time I preview.
28 AM

1 Like

Thanks @bruce - it tested fine but can see an error. Will push this out today with other updates too :slight_smile:

And weā€™re here again!
Cart 2.2.6!

• Fix Cart Title error (as @bruce mentioned above)
  • Added ā€œcontinue shopping textā€ instead of X as an option - any text can be used here ā†’ thanks for this request by email
  • Added Cart scroll on many items - so can reach the checkout buttons if you have people buying lots of stuff! (if youā€™re lucky to have customers add so many items to the cart!)

Scroll Cart

Continue Shopping Text

Keep selling your stuff in RW with Cart 2 :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Beautiful! Thanks Michael.

1 Like

Here we go! Another day, another Cart2 update! :slight_smile:

Cart 2.2.9 - Free update has been sent out :slight_smile:

Thanks to all for the feedback again. In particular, @SteveB and @webdeer for their feedback and careful emails with details.

This version is a really solid, sophisticated cart that is flexible enough to work in any layout.

They are flexible buttons - you bring the layout: Foundation, Foundry, Columns, Poster Stack by @instacks - and Steve has a powerful demo of that to share hopefully one day. Looks like a database driven ecommerce site. And thereā€™s also the recent excellent RW project by Gary (Webdeersign's latest Project 14 and Template6 are now available - #4)

Some of the key new things:

Agree to T&CS is now an optional pop-up link

Order to pickup (or cash on delivery/PO/bank transfer) Itā€™s a link to a RapidWeaver Form you can use to gauge interest and start the conversation to convert leads

Out of Stock Variables non selectable
out-of-stock

Variables on one line - dropdown and Buy Button

SubTotal in the Cart Button Stack

Cart Styles - take off the shadows and Flat look!

Button Settings

Hereā€™s the complete version history run-through:

Cart 2.2.9

• NEW - Cart value (subtotal) option added to View Cart button which displays on page load. Thanks SteveB!
  • NEW - Style the Pop up better. Take off shadows and radius for a more flat look. Thanks SteveB!
  • NEW - Redirect Stripe payment to success/thank you page - no longer just success message printed on page. Can also control the delay of this if you want to see the message then redirect.
  • NEW - Buttons now have width settings! Auto, 100% or a custom px width. Thanks SteveB!
  • NEW - Button, dropdown and label all appear on one line option! Make your pages look a little nicer. Thanks SteveB!
  • NEW - Terms and Conditions text can now also be a link. Create a terms page and link to it (new window is best) or trigger a modal if you have those chops. Thanks SteveB!
  • NEW - Order to pickup (or cash on delivery/PO/bank transfer) link added to bottom of cart popup. Link this to a RapidWeaver form to collect name, address, email, telephone and a text area for info on the order. Then contact them to follow-up, check the order and close the lead. Thanks SteveB!
  • UPDATE - Margin settings added to dropdown so hidden spaces can be altered. Thanks SteveB!
  • UPDATE - Options are now disabled when out of stock and canā€™t be selected. Thanks Gary!
  • UPDATE - Scroll arrow no longer visible in all browsers on select items for product variables - looks cleaner
  • UPDATE - Alignment added to ā€œagree to termsā€
  • FIX - Remove ugly Firefox only drop down arrow for product variables
  • FIX - Firefox alignment of dropdown for product variables now aligns correctly
  • FIX - Variable options aligned better on mobile
  • FIX - dropdown in Designed Theme
  • FIX - return/success URLs added note has to be full URL

To get it, download from the Yuzoolthemes Bundle dashboard, check your email, update inside RapidWeaver7 or buy from here:
https://www.yuzoolthemes.com/store.html#store-item=59f932026edca012245a7250

Happy selling in RapidWeaver!!

4 Likes

great tips!
thanks for sharing guys
Nathan

1 Like

absolutely gorgeous work @SteveB - love this project and great example of a shop that can be made in RW with a little imagination!

2 Likes

For those running Cart 2, check out the free PosterCart project from @SteveB:
http://forums.realmacsoftware.com/t/introducing-postercart-a-free-shopping-cart-project-powered-by-poster-cart2/18717

Itā€™s now live! :star_struck::fire:

4 Likes

Michael,
Any plans to add Apple Pay as a payment option to Cart2 or a future version of Cart?

2 Likes

Great idea @bruce - I did look into this but itā€™s a little difficult for the user to setup perhaps (domain verification) but am keeping an eye on it as this has been requested before!

2 Likes