Need help publishing

Hello All,

I am trying to publish my first site. I figured out the FTP settings set to where I can click the TEST button and it says things worked. It also looks like I’m publishing the site. However, after I go to the site, I only have a white page.

I’ve been looking around, and found this from my hosting company (A2Hosting.com).

From everything I’ve read, the most common problem involves the path, but I don’t know what to put there to make it work. Any suggestions or nudges in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Not at a Mac right now, but in the publishing settings there is a place to put the path. You can also blank that field out,and press the browse button. That will give you a list of directories that you can select from.

The article you linked above states to use

public_html
As the path.

I have done it with the public_html path, and the root path (figuring that the root of the URL is where the site code should go). Neither has worked.

What happens if you clear out the path and select the browse button?

Also some screen shots of what you have would help (black out private data).

Hi All. Sorry for the silence on this topic, but I ended up doing some unexpected work related travel and dropped this for a while. This morning, I was able to figure it out…it was a path problem. Crazy how a little time away from the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions, and I hope I can help others to give back…

1 Like