Need help! rw7 publishing

(ALLAN BOUTWELL) #1

Just upgraded to RW 7…I am unable to publish…cannot find server…I am using “gil.machighway.com” as FTP server and the correct path and login credentials…still cannot connect to server…what am I doing wrong? Tx for any assistance

(Doug Bennett) #2

Without more information it’s probably impossible to find help. Would need to things like

• Exact message
  • Screen shot of your RW publishing settings
  • Did you check with a test connection

(Greg Schneck) #3

try connecting with ftp client and if successful make sure to use same login info and settings for RW.

(ALLAN BOUTWELL) #4

(Doug Bennett) #5

Not sure what happened. I would contact your host company. I’m assuming you got this message when you hit test?

(Greg Schneck) #6

And you did change your credentials since posting the pic I hope… :slight_smile:

(Bill Fleming) #7

Did you just recently change host?

I went to the http://gil.machighway.com/ and got a message that it no longer on this server or the server is misconfigured and not working. This is not a message I would want to see on my hosting company website. :confused:

(Jason Bostick) #8

In your password, you have a capital ‘P’ in your rapidweaver setup, but a small ‘p’ in your email instructions.

As Greg says, I’d recommend changing your password after you get things sorted.

(Aaron Marquez) #9

This appears to be an issue with the FTP settings, but if you continue to experience trouble, give us a shout: realmacsoftware.com/support

(Doug Bennett) #10

It’s an FTP server, not HTTP. If you change your address to ftp://gil.machighway.com/ you get the server (wants a logon).
Think it may be the password setting(@jabostick) pointed out above.

(system) #11

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.