Only possible to unpin text boxes from partials?

(Iain Mackenzie) #1

Is it possible to unpin image boxes from partials, or is it just text?
If not possible, how do I put different images on different pages using partials?
Thanks.

(Isaiah Carew) #2

You can unpin 3 types of things:

• any sort of text (Styled Text, HTML, or Markdown)
  • any image
  • or any container (a place that says Drop Stacks here – like a column stack)

What you cannot unpin: settings – stuff that is modified in the Stacks righthand sidebar.

(Paul Russam) #3

Only text and column stacks can be unpinned in a partial.
Put a 1 column stack where you want the image and unpin it, then you can drag an image stack(s) into the unpinned areas in your partials.

(Iain Mackenzie) #4

Thanks Paul, good suggestion to make it work. I was very confused by isaiah’s reply which suggested that images could be unpinned!

(Isaiah Carew) #5

Since I wrote Stacks, I’m going to have to trump @PaulRussam on this one. :stuck_out_tongue:

And to clarify, I’ve made a video. Let me know if I can answer any other questions:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/433436/forum/Unpinned.mp4

Isaiah

(Iain Mackenzie) #6

Isaiah, thanks for that. I should have mentioned that I was talking about Foundation in Stacks.
Unfortunately, images are not unpinnable using Foundation as far as I can see.
If you repeat your example above, you’ll see what I mean.

(Isaiah Carew) #7

indeed. the foundation image stack is substantially more complex than the plain vanilla variety. it can house a number of images that get displayed responsively to changes in screen size. it’s not so much an image stack as it is a stack that contains a bunch of images.

for complex stacks like that, it’s best to do as @PaulRussam suggested: use a container, like a one-column stack and unpin that. then you can put anything you like into the container.

so maybe @PaulRussam had the best answer after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Paul Russam) #8

Be still my beating heart :blush: