Partials Are Killing My Layout

(Michael M.) #1

I have a problem I never noticed before and I do not know if it is a problem of Stacks, Foundation or RapidWeaver (or a problem caused by myself):

I build a Foundation project. I place content into a 1-Column stack - there are no special settings, no margin, no padding. The Styles stack is the default stack without any changes. Everything seems to be O.K.

Now a make a partial from that (no changes with the settings) and the content will jump to the left.

See screenshots:

(Joe Workman) #2

Could you provide a download to that project file?

(Michael M.) #3

You can download it from my Dropbox:

(Michael M.) #4

Nobody has an idea…?

I tested with RapidWeaver 6, 7.0.3 and 7.1 beta - it’s always the same. Maybe other users could use the download link and test, if the issue happens on their systems

(CaFra Arabians) #5

I tried it with RW 6.4 but can not reproduce your issue, sorry…
With me all looks fine.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #6

The test file you have is for 7.1, downloading that now and will test when I get back from an errand.

(Michael M.) #7

Could you really open the file I uploaded to Dropbox with RapidWeaver 6? It should not possible because the project is for RapidWeaver 7.1. I Forgot to provide a download for 7.0 and 6.x

I uploaded a project for RapidWeaver 6 here:
and for RapidWeaver 7.0 here:

All file formats produce the same issue. And it doesn’t seem a problem of my system because I have the issue on different computers

(CaFra Arabians) #8

I tried only what i could see on your pic in your first post.
Now i downloaded your project file.
It is the floating body, that kills you.
Without floating body but with a one column stack instead it works.
But never the less, it shouldn’t.

(Jochen Abitz) #9

Same hiere. Seems like the Floating Body has a problem with Partials. Outside of the Floating Body, all Partials are fine.

(Michael M.) #10

O.K. then let us hear (or read) what @zeebe or @joeworkman can tell about that issue

(Joe Workman) #11

It is an issue with just Floating Body. Stack adds a couple of extra divs for the partial that Floating Body was not expecting. The quick solution would be to put everything inside a single 1 Column Foundation stack. That seems to fix it for now. I will look into this more and try to come up with an update.

(Michael M.) #12

Great. So I’m looking forward if the update will bring a solution