PHP 7.2 Expiring Query

Hi folks. I’ve just received this e mail from my website host:
PHP is a very powerful programming language that is used to create dynamic websites. The PHP community regularly releases new, improved versions of PHP and continues support for current versions. In December 2020, the PHP version 7.2 became officially outdated and no longer receives any updates. Therefore, we recommend upgrading to a current PHP version before 01.03.2021. If you have already done this, you do not need to do anything else.

I built our simple site with RW a year or so ago and I update RW when there is an update. I’m using RW 8.7 now. I use Foundry also. May I ask whether there be updates for RW/Foundry for PHP and if so does it need to be updated? Or is it simply a matter of me getting my host to switch to the next PHP code?

Apologies if there is a current thread already on this. I have looked and haven’t found one but have learned a little from 2018 threads when PHP 7 was being introduced.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Sarah

www.stjohnscardiff.wales

Depending on how your hosting company works … they either have to do this for you, or more likely, you need to manually change to the newest PHP by logging in to your hosting account. Most hosts have a cPanel area where you can choose the PHP version you use.

Thank you Mathew for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.