Pneumonia is no fun

Get well soon! :pray:

So sorry to hear that Isaiah!
Take care of yourself.
Don’t be in a rush to come back.

Isaiah please take care of yourself, your family has had quite a time of it! We will all muddle through until you are 100%. Bravo to Christi, a wonderful caretaker.

3 Likes

A little update:

I’ve just pushed out the second update to SiteMap+ in a little less than a week (v3.2.0 is on the website and v3.2.1 just went out to all beta users and will be posted to the Slack channel in a few minutes)-- so I think plugin-coding is back in gear. Yeah!

I’m back to working roughly full-time. Maybe not quite, but close. I tried last week but didn’t quite make it all the way through. But I’m pretty confident this will be the week I’m really back in gear.

All in all it was about 6 or maybe 7 week illness with about a month of downtime away from coding. Really, if you can avoid it – try not get double-pneumonia, it really isn’t much fun at all.

I’ve seemed well-ish or maybe not-very-sick, for a few weeks now, but just about anytime I’d do anything, go anywhere, or exercise even in the slightest I’d have to take a long nap afterward – followed by 12-hours of sleep.

I’m still sleeping much more than my normal amount – which means a bit less productive time than I’m used to. For that reason, and just to try to ease back into things slowly, I’m going to keep a very low profile here on the forums and other support channels (slack, twitter, etc.).

As I start to feel a bit stronger I’ll participate a bit more. In the meantime, if you have questions make sure to look at all those different support options in the post above.

And thank you very much for all the well-wishes. It really has helped out. :smiley:

Isaiah

8 Likes

Glad to hear you’re feeling better Isaiah!

Take as much rest as you need. I think we as a culture (Amurricans) tend to push ourselves harder than we should sometimes.

1 Like

@isaiah Embrace more sleep! Matthew Walker, Professor of Neuroscience and Psychology at Berkeley, says in Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dreams that we need 6 or 7 hours a night to remove from the brain the beta amyloid plaques which cause Alzheimer’s Disease.

3 Likes

LOL. every sleep doctor i see gives me the “Why We Sleep” book. i think i have three copies now. :smiley:it’s a great book. but it’s really for people with real insomnia.

i’m a night owl, but i don’t have insomnia – not in the traditional sense, at least.

a seemingly minor snowboarding accident 20 years ago tore nerves in my hip. i won’t bore you with details, but it makes it tough to sleep.

the silver lining is that the best medicine for neuralgia is distraction – keeping your mind on something you love to do. after the accident i started writing software in the middle of the night to relax and keep my mind on fun things.

in 2005 i wrote this little plugin for a cool web design app called RapidWeaver. :star_struck:and to my surprise everyone loved it.

now i get to write plugins all day and in the middle of the night. and i still love to do it just as much as i did 15 years ago. a blessing in disguise indeed. :smiley:

5 Likes

Hey Isaiah, I’m happy to hear that you are doing better!

Thanks for the sitemap + beta - it has been working and has helped me get through the updates. We install this plugin on every website that we create. Without it we would have a lot of extra work, with so many sites to edit (About 200 now).

2 Likes

@Sprout - i’ve been working towards a larger real upgrade (as apposed to a minor update) that would include new features and updated UI and, of course, but keep the current power-user features. I’ve had to take a break from working on it obviously, but hopefully in the new year I’ll be making real progress again. It’s been on my to-do list for years, and working on an older code-base written by another developer is really challenging, it’ll be a lot of work – but I think it’s really time – SiteMap is a great plugin that folks really love. So look for that sometime in 2020. :smiley:

3 Likes

Isaiah, (I’m glad to hear you re feeling better. I have been where you are with pneumonia)…

My website: www.jonesxray.com

I updated sitemap this morning and got a error / popup after publishing *see attached. I was wondering if you could head me in the right direction as to what I should do. The error doesn’t compute to me (in my little pea brain)

Thanks!

• Chris Jones

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.