First a bit of a warning:
This is a real beta test. You will see real bugs. You may see real crashes. It may eat your file. As time passes and more bugs get fixed it will become more stable, but in these early days, please be careful.
Please keep chatter about this off the forum. If you post about bugs or problems here, I will politely bug firmly remind you to send bug reports to the bug reporter.
Beta’s are temporary. Forum posts last nearly forever. These things don’t mix well. Please help me keep them separated.
Report issues and ask questions:
Make sure to check out those videos I’ve been posting. I tried to make them as short and painless as possible with only a tiny hint of marketing blather. Mostly, they just give you a good idea about what you might want to tinker with.
A few FAQs before you download
- Backup? – Yes. Always. But now especially. This is really a beta with real bugs.
- Real Work? – No. Keep this beta away from your professional work. We’re close to being day-to-day usable, but not quite there yet.
- Do I need to buy it? – Someday, yes. But today no. This beta shows the “please upgrade” banner, but you shouldn’t bump into any restrictions unless you try to use it on a large professional project (please don’t do that – this is still an early beta). If you do want to jump ahead and purchase it, then please do, the registration should work.I’d be pleased to hear feedback the flow is working smoothly.
Requirements: This build has been tested on macOS 10.13 and 10.14. If may work on macOS 10.11 and 10.12 too – but has had little testing. If you are using one of those earlier versions, please get in touch, I’d love to have more feedback.
The most direct way is to file a bug on the bug tracker. Don’t be intimidated by fancy developer things. Just click the green New Issue button in the upper right corner and make sure to include as much info as you can – here are some key bits that are important:
- paste in or attach any crash reports that you get.
- write about what you saw
- tell me whatever steps i should take to make sure i can see it too. make sure there’s no way i can miss your bug. don’t let me get out easy by saying i couldn’t see it. usually this means a step by step. but if you don’t know how to make it happen again, just wing it. more info is better than less.
- if i’ll need any stacks, project files, media, etc let me know or attach it to the bug.
- if you need to attach something private, or something that is for sale, like a 3rd party stack, then there’s a checkbox for that,
This issue is confidential– once that’s clicked only you and I can see it.
Bug Tracker: Create A New Issue
if the bug tracker seems way to complicated, i get it. i know it’s daunting to non-dev folks. if you just want to send me PRIVATE messages here, or on Slack, that’s awesome too. i’ll honestly take whatever i can get.
but please keep bug chatter off the main forum. it just sticks around too long there, confusing and scaring the new-folks.