Preview doesn't work

Thanks @apfelpuree - Andreas solved my problem.
Norbert

Yeahā€¦ I think I will wait for 7.01 as well. This is why I give new versions a couple of months to be out and let you high-end tech savvy folks work this stuff out. Sure it will be an improvement once these bugs get worked out.

Iā€™ve encountered the same Preview issue with v 7.0. At least v 6.4 is OK. I donā€™t feel like rebuilding my pages again so will wait for the next update to see if the issues are fixed.

I just upgraded from 5.2 to 7.2 and I canā€™t preview any theme when creating a new web page. In between I upgraded to 5.4.1 because it supposedly was necessary, in order to open my older projects. This didnā€™t work, so now I thought to create a new site, but as I said I cannot preview themes. Help!

Iā€™m having the same preview issues with RW v7.0.2 - all I get is a blank white page when previewing and itā€™s driving me nuts. There is a discussion also going on about it at:
https://weavers.space/s/general/?wallEntryId=15935

I really wish that RealMac would give this some priority and sort it out. For now though I have had to go back to RW 6 until it is sorted out as this version works fine.

This issue is a priority for us. Weā€™re working on tracking down whatā€™s causing it, as soon as we have a fix weā€™ll issue an update.

1 Like

Thanks Dan thatā€™s good to hear. Looking forward to a fix.

Thank you for looking into it!

A friend and I just updated to Rapidweaver 7 and we are BOTH have the same problem. No preview available!

Unfortunately I have suddenly the same problem for one of my project. It worked perfectly well until today. No preview. Nothing in safari (http://localhost:49608). Canā€™t export to a local folder.

With a second project, I still can preview in RW 7.0.2. I still can publish it, but if I try to publish it local, it doesnā€™t work.

ā€œPlease check that your puā€¦ā€ My what ? An other thing, just after having exported all the pages, the publishing should start butā€¦

Thatā€™s really annoying. Hope you find a solution quickly.

Same Problem for me here, long time rapidweaver 4/5 user,
Iā€™ve updated to version 7.
I can reproduce the problem anytime.

Open RapidWeaver 7.02, select project called ā€œMulti Landerā€,
do nothing
press preview and ā€¦

So Iā€™m stuck with a supposed latest version of something which does not bring trust to me ā€¦

Same problem here, even with a ā€œcleanā€ hosts file.

Have you tried upgrading to RW 7.0.4 ?

I am so hopeful the bugs can be worked out as Iā€™m hoping to upgrade from version 6 to 7 once previewing and publishing issues are resolved.
Dan and the Team: one day at a time. Be encouraged: thereā€™s a whole bunch of us hoping for your success!

7.0.4 broke preview on my working machine. going back to 7.0.3ā€¦
please fix soon itā€™s 2 months already.

I was able to solve this same problem on my machine, but only by permanently disabling Gatekeeper via a Terminal command. Setting the permissions in preferences to their most lenient was not enough. Iā€™m not happy about having to do it, but at least it works again.

Iā€™ve been having intermittent issues with Preview lately both previewing in RW itself and in the 3 browsers I have. The Preview has either been getting in a loop or failing to load from resources if a provide a link to images from the resources pane.

Following the instructions earlier in this thread in Terminal I see this:

Host Database

localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.

127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost

So I seem to have an extra line at the bottom. Is this relevant/important and if so how can I remove it?

Iā€™m using RW 7.1.7

From Google:

We are considering the record "fe80::1%lo0 localhost" in the file /etc/hosts/ in OS X. It means for the hostname "localhost" use IPv6 link-local address "fe80::1" in zone "lo0" . Link-local means that this address is not routable and will be discarded by any router in the local network (at least they should).Jun 15, 2015

Iā€™m not sure who put that there. Iā€™d guess it was whoever set up your internet and router. And Iā€™d also guess they put it there for a reason (your router or internet provider perhaps does not support IPv6 ā€“ the new standard now that the 'net has run out of old-style IPv4 addresses).

I would not recommend editing your host file unless you understand what you are doing and have a good reason to do it.

Hi Isaiah.
Iā€™ve since seen exactly that line on a screen shot on an Apple support query so I believe it is legit and donā€™t think that can be the solution to what seems to be a very intermittent problem for me.
This problem has only happened twice now. The first time preview got stuck on a spinning loading icon, the second time I got a (nearly) blank screen.
Everything was working as it should yesterday and I made no updates to anything to do with RW or the OS since this problem started last week.

Best wishes

Martin

I agree. I donā€™t think this hosts thing has anything to do with anything. Just a red herring.

And I think I know the bug that youā€™re seeing ā€“ I had it reported a few times this morning. It involves a complex set of circumstances involved in RW7.1 file-format migration sometimes being run at unexpected times.

Iā€™ve filed the issue with RealMac ā€“ but Iā€™ll release a beta version of Stacks that should work around the issue ā€“ and generally make stacks a bit more resilient to this sort of thing.

I should release that beta a bit later today on my Slack channel: slack.yourhead.com

Isaiah

1 Like