Preview doesn't work

I should note: I’m not 100% certain the issue you’re seeing is related to the issue I’ve worked around – but I think there’s a reasonable chance that it’s related. So it’s worth a shot.

Isaiah

1 Like

For the first time ever I got the same thing this morning.

Blank white page; though if I waited long enough (> 1 minute), content generally appeared.

All latest versions of everything. Hope that helps!

@MarkSealey - If you are inclined, I did post that beta I mentioned. And I’d certainly appreciate any feedback on the Stacks beta I posted earlier today. Thanks.

Thanks, Isaiah - how stable is the beta: I’m always nervous of betas. Need I be here, please?

:slight_smile:

if PlusKit were working well this would be an easy answer: it’s beta 1, so it’s not stable at all.

but PlusKit 3 is severely incompatible with RW 7.1. the incompatibilities manifest as crashes, failed exports (white screens), and malformed content. you can’t get more unstable than that.

so… if you’re using RW 7.1 i think it’s more like 50/50 for this version. but by beta 2 or beta 3 it will surely start to fall in favor of the beta.

if, if things are working well, and you’re using RW 7.0 or earlier, then you should wait.

Isaiah

Got it, Thanks Isaiah! And good luck with the development :slight_smile:

Is there a fix for this? I am evaluating 7 (i’m currently on 5) and Preview does not work, already verified that my hosts file has not been altered.

If this does not work, I can’t upgrade.

Best
Patrick

@pwmhelix - the original post was concerning a bug in PlusKit 4. It was fixed in beta 2 a couple months ago.

But the symptom “Preview does not work” is pretty general and can come in a lot of different forms. I’d recommend starting a new thread (since this one is likely unrelated) and posting the details about the page in question and what it does when you try to preview.

Preview doesn’t work. I just bought RW this morning and no matter which page I try to use Preview it hangs up–have to go to Force Quit on the Mac. I have OS 10.12.2