Publishing problem couldn't upload to FTP server

i’ve tried both ways, with and without slash at the beginning for public_html/

The tech advisor at bluehost thinks it is simply timing out as it tried to upload all my files. I have a pretty big site, but she says there are others with much larger sites who are not encountering this problem

She recommends just trying to publish one of my pages.
For example, I am just trying to upload one pdf file (one page long), an assignment for my students, to Phil 320, but every time I click “Publish” it tries to upload the whole site again. It used to be the case with RapidWeaver 7 as I remember it, that when one clicked “Publish” instead of “Re=Publish all files” that it would only publish the changes since the last full publish. (Perhaps this is because I haven’t been able to achieve a successful full publish.)

Just now, for example, it was able to successfully upload some of the folders (100, 101. 329) but not the one I am trying to publish (320)!

I have tried to publish this damn thing probably 50 times today and have yet to achieve success.

I would never recommend RapidWeaver to anyone.

Tim

Rather than using RW to publish directly to your host set up RW to publish locally and then use your FTP programme to upload to your server - I have been using this technique for years - it saves so much faffing around.

Paul

Ok thanks for that. I don’t know how to publish locally though.

I thought 8.4 had a “smart publishing” option. That was why I bit the bullet and installed the new operating system so I could upgrade to 8.4. But I don’t see such an option.

I am so screwed for teaching my classes because of this nightmare with RapidWeaver.

Tim

Go into the “Publishing” pane in the RW project and set up as per the attached inserting your own details and location.

Paul

ok thanks Paul I will try

ok I published locally to a folder on my desktop. Now I am trying to figure out how to upload the one file I need for my students tomorrow to the website!

I am able to upload files from the bluehost cpanel file manager. But I am having trouble figuring out how to upload that file.

this is what happens when I try to upload just one folder (320) from the Philosophy folder on the locallly published site

Nothing works. I have been working on this for about 12 hours straight today and getting nowhere.

You can not upload a folder, only single files. So tray that.

I see that. So I have tried to upload just the files, but not knowing which of the files is the one I need I selected all and tried that and now it seems to be stuck

here are the files in the 320 folder on my locally published site.
I don’t need to upload any of the images, so I just uploaded the other ones successfully
but it doesn’t show up in the published site

Here is a screenshot from RapidWeaver edit mode. All I am trying to upload tonight is the 2nd mid-term assignment. Everything else is already on the published site.

If it gets stuck here - do you have any antivirus software active on your Mac?

But this is what it still looks like on the published site after uploading to the website through the file manager!
The link for the 2nd assignment is still not there
but was able to upload the actual pdf file of the assignment to the resources folder
just not the link on the website

18%20PM|690x365