Publishing when connected by 4G hotspot

I’m sometimes away travelling but need to perform updates on our RW project - including when I haven’t got access to wifi. I connect to 4G via hotspot on my iPhone, which works fine - except when publishing more than about 75 files. I then get a publishing failed message (see attached). I’ve tried reducing the publishing speed but this has no effect. Any thoughts on how I can overcome this problem? TIA

Hey @oldgustav,

Is the 4G connection stable? If it drops in and out, that could interrupt the publishing process and cause it to fail.

Also do you know if you mobile provider has any kind of data cap or limit on uploads?

If you can send over your publishing logs per our guide here we could check if there are any errors in the log that might point to the cause.

1 Like

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reply and help. 4G connection is stable and fast. I’m at a different location today (travelling in France) and the problem is still occurring. I have 100GB of mobile data per month with EE contract. I’m not aware of any upload limits. How should I send you the publishing log file? It doesn’t auto send. Also, the ‘show’ button (publishing failed notification) doesn’t do anything when clicked.

Hi @oldgustav,

Not sure if you are still traveling, we don’t officially work on weekends which is why my reply is delayed.

I posted the instructions though in my original comment on how you can send your publishing log to us. Click on the “here” link and follow along with that guide to send your publishing log to us. We’ll check it out once we have it.

Hi Dan,

Sorry, missed that bit about where to send. Have just sent - and btw, wasn’t expecting a reply over the weekend!

Hope you can unravel the publishing problem. Remember it only happens when on mobile and with more than 50-ish files.

Kind regards,

Gary

1 Like