RapidCart Pro: Error 404: no response from Support

Don’t bet on it. I use it for my business, and I still haven’t received a reply in regards to phantom order issue. It’s clearly not a development/design issue. It’s been since the 7 of January.

Look into other options - I know I am.

1 Like

Ben, surely it would be worth realmac looking into incorporating a rapidcart type solution directly from Realmac?

Think of the value it could add to the product. Why not approach Foreground to see what they would want to sell you the code. You could possibly set up a crowd funding page on here to help. There must be lots of people interested in this.

Or just steal the code - at least that might get their attention :wink:

I think at the least 4gnd owe their customers is a statement of intent - possibly getting another developer to ‘caretake’ The product if they’re struggling.

I love Rapidweaver, but this type of situation has broader ramifications for the product and I think Realmac needs to assert some control.

1 Like

I can’t answer that, unfortunately. I have asked them (privately, via email) to post an update on the forums, but it doesn’t look like they are willing to do so.

Adding store functionality to your site is no small undertaking - it’s not something we’re looking at right now.

1 Like

Given that the Ecwid people have gone to the trouble of writing a plugin and have expressed interest in creating some stacks to make it even easier to integrate a store I wonder if there’s an opportunity for RealMac and Ecwid to do some kind of ongoing promotion - a price point that sits between the free version and the basic paid for version…or something similar.

Rob

2 Likes

they answered to my FB post that I wrote yesterday night in tipical italian anger style.
They asked if I have API problems, let’s see if they follow trough.

Something’s off btw

the Rapidweaver community is obviously angst with this developer. I immediately started using cartloom once I realized there is zero support from RC pro.

I think the pint is that Rapidcart seems to work now and we’ve arguably been spoiled in having a solution that works without a monthly fee. I’m not a developer so don’t know the logistics of a replacement.

The question for Realmac is whether other platforms can offer something like this to tempt folk away from Rapidweaver

Anything as complicated as a full blown store like RCP would be a major development effort. I would guess that RCP took hundreds or thousands of hours to develop. Something that complicated also would require quite a bit of support from whoever developed that kind of product.
With a potential customer base as small as a subset of the RapidWeaver community, it doesn’t make good business sense.

Other than some of the big platforms like Wordpress, I haven’t seen anything. I would much rather have Realmac spending time and money on improving the RapidWeaver base product, then adding add-ons that only a small subset of users would benefit from.

Exactly. This is the real problem. Charging a small one-off cost to a limited subset of RW users for a product such as this is obviously not a sustainable business model. Especially with the ongoing support required by people.

I think subscription-based solutions - such as Ecwid - are the most reliable way to use eCommerce within RW going forward (for clients). The cost will be the client’s to bear. And for our own stores (or for small, static client stores) then stacks such as cart 2 (and even the likes of Poster) can be harnessed.

2 Likes

What does the base Rapidweaver product need that it can’t already do?

The main gap being a cart that handles digital products.

Digi by @yuzool allows for this

1 Like

Not with a cart. Same problem with Paddle.

• Full blown resource manager (warehoused images, videos, PDFs, etc.)
  • Built-in font manager(google fonts and others )
  • Icon manager (font awesome and others)

Lots of others listed in various posts:

Items that didn’t make the RW 7 cut:

There’s a category on this forum called Feature Requests.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.