RapidWeaver 6.3.6 GM

Hi folks,

RapidWeaver 6.3.6 GM is now available. A full list of changes are below. We’re aiming to launch next week, so if you come across any regressions form 6.3.5, please let the support team know (support@realmacsoftware.com).

Changes in RapidWeaver 6.3.6, build 15140

• Fixes a problem where dragging sidebar items between documents could cause RapidWeaver to crash.
  • Fixes a problem that prevented publishing to some SFTP servers.
  • Fixes a problem where RapidWeaver would insert site-wide metatags as page-specific metatags when creating a new page, causing duplicate metatags.
  • Fixes a problem where RapidWeaver could crash when installing addons.
  • Works around a problem where RapidWeaver could crash when a blog page’s categories could not be fully read.
  • Fixes a problem where blog pages would be fully re-published when marked as changed.
  • Fixes a problem where blank site thumbnails would be generated when saving a RapidWeaver project.
  • Fixes a problem where earlier 6.3.6 beta builds would not load the Stacks 2 plugin.

Download 6.3.6 GM here.

Thanks!

—Nik

1 Like

It does fix the issue I was having with stacks 2.7.2 and I can confirm that project now only publishes the few pages that changed instead of the entire gallery.

Thanks for the effort to retain compatibility with stacks 2xx. Using the latest and greatest versions may be desirable, but from the number of compatibility issues for specific cases I’ve read here, I’m still reluctant to move onto stacks 3 until it is more proven, and I have the time and desire to go through the pain. I am far from a power user and have a POV that when I configure a project that just works the way I want, I don’t want to take the time sorting out issues and going through the effort of SW upgrades.

I do use the ultimategallery add on in one of my projects for a function that no other package currently provides without some coding on the side. And I hate to code (or rather maintain it)… but that just me :). Stacks 3 seems to sometimes not work well with ultimategalery, so I’m sticking to Stacks 2 as long as I can. I’ve moved onto other solutions for my other gallery projects.