We’ve been working on RapidWeaver 7.2 for a few months now, and it’s finally ready. We honestly think this is the best, most stable version of RapidWeaver yet.
If you’ve not tried out RapidWeaver 7, you can download a free trial from our website. If you’re already using RapidWeaver 7, just launch the current version and you’ll be prompted to update for free.
You can download this and other versions from the releases notes area at the knowledge base.
What’s New in 7.2?
- Improved preview speed, preview status now displays at the bottom of the sidebar
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would sometimes crash on export/publish
- Re-written Theme Browser for improved performace and relaibility
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking in the sidebar would cause a crash
- Potential fix for a crash when closing a document
- Removed Autosave support as it’s causing more problems than it should be. Boo!
- Fixed a super bad bug that caused data loss within the blog plugin
- Fixed an index “out of bounds” error that would sometimes appear on export
- Other under the hood improvements and memory management changes
- Pressing Done in the Advanced Settings sheet no longer causes a crash
- Potential fix for reported issues when saving and closing a document too quickly
- Fixed an issue with the %banner_path% macro outputting incorrect resource paths
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would re-upload all resources on every publish
- Fixed an issue where editing the “prefix” area in the sidebar would cause a crash
- Fixed an issue where RW would upload all blog pages if the blog was the index page
- Fixed an issue where the blog categories would sometimes not be exported
- Fixed an issue where the wrong URL would be used for CSS files on the Blog Archive page
- Fixed an issue where the advanced settings sheet wouldn’t hide
- Fixed a crash that would happen when opening a document with a missing theme while the Add Page menu is being shown
- Fixed some layout issue with the page inspector
- Plenty of other under-the-hood refinements and fixes.
I hope it now works with PlusKit. That has been the last obstacle for me in migrating to Rapidweaver 7.
@andreasfmpro make sure you check with Yourhead.com on that!
The most stable RapidWeaver version since RW 5.4 Great work guys!
I do know Yourhead came out with another PlusKit beta, I believe it is up to b6 now. You can sign up here to get access to it
i just upgraded from the previous version and now i can’t publish to “my server” only locally
i have tested the connection and no issues … i can ftp to my host no issue either
i just get the big “something went wrong” box
have to upload in parts. Sometime it fails and sometimes its okay.
i knew better then to install a new update - they always seem to have issues … luckily i had a backup with the old version and backed out the new. i just don’t have time for this …
I’m using this update with no issues that I can see so far. Publishing is fine. Not using PlusKit. Got rid of that before this update because I had too many problems.
I am unable to update - I get an error message saying I am running Rapidweaver from an optical drive or somesuch and to move my RW7 into the Applications folder. But it is in the Applications folder!
It’s working nicely for me. Good update.
Update worked perfectly. Done quite a bit of work on a few sites and all seems to be working well. Still using OS X 10.11.6 Thanks.
@dan Well, I finally took the leap to RW 7 and so far 7.2 seems remarkably stable and publishing is working fine. Great work and much appreciated!
I did notice one possible very minor but annoying little bug though - if an HTML5 audio stack is set to autoplay it of course starts to play in preview, but now in RW 7 it continues to play when I switch back to edit mode and as far as i can tell there is now way to stop it playing in edit mode - it will continue to play until you open a different page in preview. In RW 6 the audio would stop playing in edit mode. This happens with both JW’s HTML5 audio stack and Stacks4Stacks’ Playlister.
@dan: I’m happy!!! Finally!!! 7.2.1 solved my problem!!! On both project. It is a nice Christmas gift and I did not expect it. Thank You!!
…now some more testing on RapidBlog and RWML in this version and I can dump all older RW versions on my hard drive!!!
@isaiah: just tested RapidBlog works on 7.2.1!! Great!! Thanks a lot!
@Joost: time to transform those 400 pages I wrote You about!
@Joost, @isaiah, @dan, @Aaron: thank You all for the great work!
And to all the forums members: Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful 2017!
Can’t publish to server now. I need to get my files published today! Any workarounds?
Edit: I see I can publish locally and then FTP the files but what a pain that is.
Is anyone having difficulty with the the Stacks Library in 7.2.1? When I select the library icon, it flashes for a second then closes – every time. Cannot get it to stay open long enough to read it or make a selection.
No problems with Library icon here. Works perfectly fine. My guess is this is due to some specific in your setup, but I have no idea what is causing this. You may want to get in touch with @isaiah directly. He likely won’t help you today, but tomorrow onwards he can give you some good hints about what to do. He may already know about the problem with some folks. All I can say is it isn’t a general widespread problem.
uh I am running into problems with formloom3… now my pages show me “CREATED WITH DEMO VERSION OF FORMLOOM 3” though it’s registred. Anybody else with same issue?