Rapidweaver 7.5 Crashes down when I try to save my website

Hey folks, so all the sudden my Rapidweaver 7.5 is not letting me to save my website anymore… it just crashes down… I tried reinstalling the software but it keeps doing the same. PLEASE HELP!!!

Have you tried save as, and give it a different name?
Does it only crash on that one project file?
If it’s only that project, and save as doesn’t work, then it’s probably the project file is corrupt. If that’s the case, try going back to a backup on TimeMachine (or what you use for backups).

Thanks… but it did not work… so I guess I will have to copy-paste in a new template…

Hi @emilioisaac,

Can you drop an email to support@realmacsoftware.com please? They’ll walk you through how to make sure we’re receiving your crash reports - I don’t see yours in our crash reporting software.

Thanks!
/cc @Aaron @LaPan

Hi @emilioisaac

Sorry to learn about this issue you’re experiencing.

This is usually the result of a permissions issue or corrupted file.

The logs that are generated by RapidWeaver usually help us pinpoint the issue. In order to get those logs, simply go to Help > Copy Support Logs and save the file. Send that file to us at support@realmacsoftware.com

Here’s a fix that has worked for many of our users experiencing the same issue.

1. Try running permissions repair on your local hard drive: https://support.apple.com/guide/disk-utility/repair-a-disk-dskutl1040/mac

2. Try re-establishing permissions on an individual basis.

Step 1: Go to RapidWeaver, press and hold the Option (alt) key - select “Reveal Addons Folder”
Step 2: Click anywhere (whitespace) in the folder. Press Command + I on your keyboard.
Step 3: Unlock the Sharing & Permissions options by clicking on the padlock and entering an admin password
Step 4: Set your user to Read & Write access, then go to the gear/cog icon and select “Apply to enclosed items…”
Step 5: Re-open RapidWeaver and update your add-ons as usual
Follow the above steps in the folder where the project file is located as well.

Let me know if the issue persists!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.