🎉 RapidWeaver 7 is now available! 🎉

Have you checked your SPAM folder?

2 Likes

RW7 now doesn’t upload to my site. Had to revert back to RW6. Anyone else having this problem? Also, RW7 gets stuck exporting files when publishing. This is with the 7.0.2 upgrade installed today.

You might want to try messing with the MODE and CONNECTIONS settings in the publishing window. My publishing would time out untilI I changed the mode to Extended Passive.

Terry Vosbein

I couldn’t understand why so many people were complaining about uploading, I run 8 sites on several different Hosts and never had any problems even with large sites until…

I had to make some changes to a large site that I’d not worked on in RW7 - tried to publish and failed! - Changing the FTP from Passive to Extended Passive solved the problem and all files went up with no problems.

Looking forward to really using it! A bit limited for me right now because switching to preview makes the app crash (on a Mac with MacOS Sierra. And yes, I know it’s running on beta software and I know Rapidweaver can’t be blamed. Would be nice if it would run well on Sierra). Looking forward to the fix :wink:

Changing to Extended Passive seems to work. I wonder why the difference between RW6 and RW7? Anyway, thanks for your help!

1 Like

@mac - that consistent crash-on-preview in RW7 in Sierra was almost a show-stopper here that almost prompted a roll back to 10.11. Turns out, RW7’s LivePreview (Cmd-P) option seems a reliable (so far) get-around to the consistent crash-on-preview.

Also, most stacks weren’t showing in the library pane by default, so manually moved 'em to new folder elsewhere (Desktop - where else given Desktop’s direct integration w iCloud in Sierra!) and pointed RW7 to it. They still don’t appear in the library pane but searching for any existing stack by name does make it appear (that may also have been the case in default scenario - didn’t check then).

While RWx is not formally Sierra compatible we’re all playing with fire(?!), but its wonderful to leverage the latest 'n greatest (loving Sierra - in so far as things can be made to work). Thrilled to bits (albeit waiting for the shoe to drop?!)

Hats off to Nik/Dan 'n team for a RW version stellar enough to even prompt an OS roll back(!) - RW7 is an excellent release by so many measures.

Cheers.

1 Like

Speaking of Live-Preview @isaiah shares an excellent tip here re:optimal way to preview on multiple devices at once

1 Like

Thanks for your serious response and great tips. Looking forward to a polished Sierra/RW7 integration. I’m sure your excellent devteam can get it done soon enough! Keep the good work.

Yeah, we don’t really recommend you use RW7 with macOS Sierra as we’re only just testing it ourselves so have not had time to fix any issues.

Give us a few weeks and hopefully we’ll have a stable version for you people that like to live on the edge :wink:

1 Like

Counting the hours/days.
BTW got another Mac with old fashioned El Capitan, so I’m not living on the edge of the edge :grinning:

Thanks @dan - salivating here(!); albeit these forays are more to keep senility at bay here than live on the edge! :smile:

I have Rapidweaver 7 - can I safely uninstall previous versions which are taking up space on my MacbookPro?

You might want to consider getting the latest version of RW, which is 8.

2 Likes

If you’re not using them, you should be able to remove them. Of course you should have a backup (like TimeMachine).