RapidWeaver 8 and Mojave!

Thought it was worth giving you guys a heads-up on RW & Mojave.

The initial release of RW 8 will ship before Mojave ships, however, we couldn’t resist having a quick play to see how it looks in Dark Mode.

Some stuff looks great, but the main view needs a fair amount of work and there are some UI bugs. nothing major and all totally fixable in time for the public beta/release of macOS Mojave. Also, the app seems to work great, it’s just the UI that’s the problem.

Some of the UI looks great:

And some of it needs a bit of work (lol at those huge toolbar icons).

Anyways, we will, of course, ensure RapidWeaver 8 is looking perfect by the time the public can get their hands on 10.14 :slight_smile:

I’m personally very much looking forward to making RW8 100% Dark Mode compatible :+1:

Feel free to ask any questions…

Cheers
Dan

4 Likes

Hi Dan,
what’s the tentative shipping date for RW8?

Thanks.

Nice! I am installing all of the betas as we speak

Good question. Ideally, it was a few months ago…
However. we haven’t set a date, as we’re still busy bashing bugs and polishing. We want to ship it as soon as possible, but I’m not going to ship it when it’s buggy.

Best case, in a months time, probably longer.

I think we’ll all know when it’s ready to ship, I’ll obviously be keeping you guys in the loop here :slight_smile:

Cheers
Dan

2 Likes

Amazing. That’s the same shipping date as Stacks 4!

I’ve been writing software for almost 40 years now. I still have not figured out a way to accurately predict how long things will take. I might even be getting a bit worse. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Isaiah

4 Likes