RapidWeaver 8 — Available Now!

I feel stupid, never learned 7 but now I have all the time to learn 8! Congrats - lots of work Im sure. Love apps just for Macs. Hope to learn now. Any books except for the one I already bought think it was for 5.

Hey TG, me again. We’ve received your project file (thanks for that!), but we don’t have some of the addons you’re using.

Could you export your addons directory and share that with @dan too please?

In RapidWeaver -> Preferences, go to Addons and click “Export Addons Directory”. You’ll be able to save a zipped up version of your entire addons folder this way.
It might take a little while depending on how many addons you have installed.

If you want to do it yourself, you can go to RapidWeaver -> Reveal Addons Folder, and zip that folder up instead.

Thank you!

Have you already brexited or why is there no possibility to insert a VAT-ID when purchasing an update?

You are able to do this in the Paddle Checkout screen:

Thank you. Glad to see that UK is still part of the EU. :wink:

Me too, if I had it my way we’d never leave!

4 Likes

At the top of the window, there is no icon now. So, we do not know if the document is saved or not. It’s annoying. Would it be possible to restore this function?

great update, rw8, thanks mates!
tomas

1 Like

Great update! Great work!

1 Like

Congratulations to Team!

Is the RW8 compatible with Foundation?
or is it better to focus on a more recent program as Foundry?

RapidWeaver 8 is compatible with both Foundation and Foundry and both are great solutions — Happy Weaving!

1 Like

Foundation is fully RapidWeaver 8 compatible. I made sure that everything was compatible months ago. So far I have had zero issues from RapidWeaver 8 users. My new website will be launched at WSC2018 in a few weeks. Its built 100% with Foundation and RapidWeaver 8. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The latest version of Foundation created is version 1.7.16.
Correct?
Do you think a new update will be out soon?

I have been working on Foundation v1.8 for a while. It will be the last 1.x release before 2.0, which will come after Stacks 4. Just to stress, the current version of Foundation for RapidWeaver is solid. There isn’t much that you cannot do with it. It provides a robust foundation (pun intended) for you to build any site.

Let’s not get this thread off track though… RapidWeaver 8 is amazeballs!

1 Like

Have had multi-user license for years and then Apple App store. No multi user option for v8?

You can just purchase the direct version from us if everyone is in the same household, then that’s fine :slight_smile:

If you need something more for business or education drop us an email.

Thanks
Dan

Dan:

I have two laptops and three computers spread over two states and and the UK.

Back in the day we could have our main computer and a laptop on one license.

So since I was a developer many years ago in the days of the Dec PDP-11 computers, licensing was very important.

Bought the 5 user license and hope that covers my situation.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Regards

Lou Schwitzer

Hey @switz,

We decided to do away with the 5 seat license to make things simpler for our users — A single license is perfectly fine for this now.

Happy Weaving!

Thanks
Dan

5 Likes

Hi, I found a small bug in RW8: when the text is inserted into the stacks the refresh is not immediate. it is necessary to exit the stack area and then re-enter to see the update. It’s a bit annoying …

May be a stupid question (I’m very new with Rapidweaver, just bought it) : where to find the user manual… ?