Rapidweaver friendly hosting service

Can anyone suggest a hosting service that is friendly to Rapidweaver and Macs?

This one - https://chillidoghosting.com/ from @barchard

6 Likes

Anyone use HostM?

Hi happy to help answer any questions you have. Send us an email to support or DM me :slight_smile:

Cheers
Greg

3 Likes

Do you have 24/7/365 phone support? When my sites or email have issues, waiting for “business hours” can be problematic.

Do you have plans comparable/competitive with HostM?

I have responded to your support inquiry. We monitor our services 24/7/365 for any downtime. We publish this at status.chillidoghosting.com

We unfortunately do not have phone support. We are a small family run business.

Cheers
Greg

1 Like

You would be VERY VERY VERY hard pressed to find a better host than Chillidog

6 Likes

Thanks much for your speedy and honest reply.

you’re very welcome :smiley:

1 Like

This one - https://chillidoghosting.com/
They are just fantastic
After more than 10 years with another hosting I took the plunge to chillidog, why did I waited that long.
The service is great, the support is magnificient and the site has a great Cpanel and Softaculous software add ons.

Beto Boton

4 Likes
1 Like

For many projects i’m using AwardSpace and their Free plan:

It comes with 1Gb space, 5Gb traffic and (best) comes with PHP/MySQL.

1 Like

100% agree - Best service EVER !

My suggestion, if you’re comparing apples-to-apples, is to be wary of not only GoDaddy, but also any company that is part of the EIG conglomerate, which (IMHO) is infamous for almost non-existent technical support. The company I work has been steadily migrating our domains away from one of the EIG hosting companies to DreamHost. We are very, very, very happy with our Dedicated Server at DreamHost - so much so that when I moved my side business websites a couple of years ago, I moved to a DreamHost VPS. Not a referral link…just their homepage: https://www.dreamhost.com

2 Likes

I agree with @dave, DreamHost has 24x7 tech support, so you don’t have to wait around for an email for help. And has DreamHost has the best online knowledge base on hosting available.

Even if you are only looking for a cheap shared hosting plan, I would go DreamHost.

3 Likes

I’ve used HostM for several years, but haven’t used RW with it yet. They have a page dedicated setting up a RW connection. Good customer service.

Complete “no-brainer!” Chillidog. They use and know RW. They have helped me with a number of issues that were way above my capabilities. I have used other hosts in the past and they weren’t in the same league as Chillidog. A single issue can consume a huge number of hours, take down your site, and create extreme stress. Knowledgeable help and a quick solution is a real game changer, especially when you are desperate. Greg at Chillidog has really set a high standard for customer service which seems to be a rarity these days. I have no business relationship with Chillidog, I’m just a happy customer.

3 Likes

Your kilometerage may vary I guess. I have hosting with two companies on this list and their service has been exemplary both in terms of technical support and billing.

1 Like

Chillidog is fantastic. I have switched all my clients to Chillidog and we’ve never had any down time or issues. In fact, Chillidog have gone above and behind to help me with issues that weren’t related to their hosting service — usually mistakes I made with PHP or even RapidWeaver issues.

I won’t use anybody else if I can help it. Chillidog is just the best.

2 Likes