Rapidweaver Multi-User edition?

Wondering how much appetitive there might be for the fine chaps at RealMac to produce a cloud-hosted, multi-user version of RapidWeaver? Is it even feasible?

Oh god, no! :scream: No cloud hosting please!

That would be the worst thing in my view that could happen to RapidWeaver.

Right now I can work in any environment and only connect to the internet when I need to publish. And that is one of the features I love the most in RapidWeaver.

Multi-user version licenses is on the other hand is ok.

2 Likes

What I’m interested in is better ability for a small, remote team to access Rapidweaver projects. At present you have to be so careful not to open a project stored remotely at the same time as someone else and the risk of file corruption is too high. It’s a weakness compared to sharing access to WordPress or WebFlow projects.

If what you are looking for is the ability for multiple people to be able to work on the same project file at the same time, I think that would be a major rewrite of RapidWeaver. WordPress (and I guess WebFlow) being website hosted and database driven are designed for this kind of access.

RapidWeaver was designed to be a Mac Application, with projects built to run on a single Mac. The project file (actually a special folder called a package) is pretty complex. Even to try and integrate version control like git would be a lot of work.

I just don’t see it happening.

1 Like

I suspect you’re correct but thought I’d chuck it out there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.