RapidWeaver update

I bought RapidWeaver in 2012 & have version 5.3.1. I built a number of websites at the time and I can’t update them on my old Mac as it’s getting a bit too tired to be updated. I now have a MacBook Air and I want to make small changes to the websites I built. What is the best way forward?

Many Thanks

The best way forward is to upgrade to RW 7.

This article will explain how. There’s a section about upgrading from RW 5.3.1.

1 Like

Thanks Neil - that’s what I expected. What about cost? I have RW loaded onto my old laptop, but not on the new one. Where do I start?

From Realmac “Upgrades can be purchased from our online store. You can upgrade to the latest version of RapidWeaver from any previous version of RapidWeaver.”

I assume you’ll need to purchase RW7 using the same email address as you purchased the previous version.

The upgrade costs $49.

Make sure you follow the update from RW5 to RW 7 instructions from the link in my first message.

Thanks Neil - I’ll read the information carefully and take your advice.

If you don’t have Stacks3 plugin know that many consider it a must(I see you mention that you have “a number of websites.)” Stacks3 will allow you to use hundreds of add-on stacks, many of which are free. If you obtain it be sure to learn all about Partials before you start using stacks.

Hi Neil,
Thanks for the help. Perhaps you can help me further … My old laptop is creaking and I wonder if I can copy my old RW version from there to an external hard drive, or to my new laptop and then upgrade it.
Many Thanks,Steve

NeilUK
January 25 |

From Realmac “Upgrades can be purchased from our online store. You can upgrade to the latest version of RapidWeaver from any previous version of RapidWeaver.”I assume you’ll need to purchase RW7 using the same email address as you purchased the previous version.The upgrade costs $49.Make sure you follow the update from RW5 to RW 7 instructions from the link in my first message. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

steevw Steve Williams
January 25 |

Thanks Neil - that’s what I expected. What about cost? I have RW loaded onto my old laptop, but not on the new one. Where do I start? Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Well, you can download RW 5.3.1 from the link in my first reply. It’s a free download.

As I said before, it’s VERY important to follow the upgrade instructions from Realmac about installing your existing plugins and saving your projects using a certain file extension.

You could copy the old stuff from your old laptop. You’ll need the old projects when you’re ready to convert them using RW7.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.