RapiWeaver 7 freezes at launch

(Elias Eliadis) #1

Suddenly RapidWeaver 7 started freezing at launch and I can do nothing else but force quit. I disabled all third-party add-ons, but the problem remains.

(Jan Fuellemann) #2

Did you restart your Mac?

(Elias Eliadis) #3

Yes, the first thing I did.

(Robert Ziebol πŸ––πŸΌ) #4

Try re-downloading the app and trying a new install of the app.

(Elias Eliadis) #5

I did it. The problem remains.

(Robert Ziebol πŸ––πŸΌ) #6

Next step is to contact Realmac Support

or
support@realmacsoftware.com

(Elias Eliadis) #7

Yes, I know. I already have and am waiting for an answer.

(Elias Eliadis) #8

I uninstalled ALL third party add-ons. I uninstalled RapiWeaver 7 and re-installed it. It still freezes. at launch. When I press the option button, and disable everything, it still freezes, though there is NO add-on at all!
If I enable the β€œRe-prompt to import add-ons” (when starting with the option button pressed) then RapidWeaver LAUNCHES without freezing, but there are no add- ons (even after installing some of them).
This all happened suddenly and without me doing or adding something new.

(Robert Ziebol πŸ––πŸΌ) #9

If you get it to launch (even without addons) hold down command+option and push 7, this will open the addons folder in a finder window. Take ALL of the addons OUT of this folder and put them in a folder on your desktop. Then slowly start adding addons. Start with the ones you ABSOLUTELY can not live without (like the Stacks Plugin). Add 3 at a time. After each install of 3 addons, then restart RapidWeaver normally and see if it works. If it does, add 3 more. If not, remove those 3 and try them 1 at a time (the same 3). See if one of those 3 breaks it by itself.

Not a fun way to do it, but it might help you figure out what is going on.

(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.