Re-booting on RealMac activities

Hi there. It’s been a while … apparently long enough for my RapidWeaver community account to be deleted.

My last activities on web development date back a couple of years, from RW6 …

I’ve kept my license active and just installed RW8. Looks like I will be building my website from scratch since my old project files won’t open correctly. Also, although I just bought the update on Stacks v4, when starting RW8 I keep getting update notices for Stacks 3.6.9 which won’t install obviously …

Reason for re-activating, is that I have started exploring SQL and intend to set up some databases on my website.

On the Realmac site, there’s a nice overview of what’s new in RW8, but as I have skipped version 7 … can anyone direct me to some summary info on what happend since RW6 ?

Any suggested classes on the RW Classroom I should consider to work on SQL database stuff (PHP ? MySQL integration ?)

Looking forward to picking up where I left off (with a big leap to make first I guess)

Philip

You might these useful…

Upgrading from RW7 or earlier

and

RapidWeaver release notes

I can’t remember 100%, but I think there’s a checkbox when the Stacks update appears that you can select to not receive notifications about the update.

Thanks,Neil, I’ll have a look.

I also noticed today that the Foundation Theme I have installed (from back then) is not really working properly … is there a way to “upgrade” themes like that ?

Foundation has fairly recently been completely updated to version 6. You probably have an earlier version. The theme that goes with earlier versions is 1.81 which you can download here https://www.weavers.space/stacks/foundation#downloads

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.