Recommendations for small e-commerce

A lot of people are loving Cartloom 4 https://www.cartloom.com

1 Like

Thanks, but I donā€™t want a web-based subscription. I want it to go direct to Stripe through RW Stacks.

https://rapidweavercommunity.com/addons/stacks/stripe-checkout ?

2 Likes

Thanks @LaPan - yes @LSPhoto Stripe Checkout works with Stripe but if you hang on a wee while we might have something you would want to use. When is your project deadline? Are you on our mailing list?

thanks @jabostick :heart_eyes:

We released a new individual Stack yesterday (Wall) and that might help you @NeilUK as it takes RSS feeds. This also shows with this new addon that weā€™re working really hard to bring out more cool things for RapidWeaver, and have more awesome in the pipeline :wink:
More announcements coming soon (hints: join our newsletter!)

The premise is we run a subscription site now. For a monthly payment you get everything. And some (currently 2) can be bought individually.

The bundle Jason mentions can also be bought individually and that includes everything we previously made (including Cart). Cart is an awesome Stack and I know @robbeattie loves itā€¦ but there should be something soon to replace it / take it further and that will be available in the club (for free) or for individual sale.

Weā€™re just rejigging our product offerings. Hopefully you can see the value it offers and sorry to hear you were frustrated. It should be clearer.

But yes, Cart is in the bundle and the other things are for individual sale. And the club gives you everything.

Email us anytime / DM me or @kryten anytime if any questions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This was mentioned earlier in this post by @swilliam and @tav

You would need to add a HTML stack with the embedded product described here

1 Like

I saw that, but itā€™s web based, which I donā€™t want, and what I need can be complicated. Iā€™m not sure the free version is enough for me.

I bought the pack a few days ago, but could not see how Cart or Stripe or Stripe Checkout would work for me. I find your site a bit confusing.
The only website I work on is mine :slight_smile: I am not a programmer. I need something that has an options set up. As a photographer, I sell prints of different sizes on different types of paper. And canvasses, metal prints, digital files, etc. each product has several options, and if you choose one option, it then needs options based off that. It can be a bit complicated.

I just spent 6 months setting up Rapidcart and finally deleted it due to lack of support. I couldnā€™t quite get all the options I needed, and could not get an answer (after 2 months of waiting for responses) about any future upgrades that might work for me. Something like PaySnap, though less cumbersome, would be good, with Stripe support. I would love to find a stack I can build myself, not an online subscription service.

You are right Jeremy. Their website used to be easy to navigate, and I had purchased products there. Not only is it now difficult to find any stacks, but I had a login for them, which now does not work. I tried to reset the password, and even that did not work. Disappointed as they were terrific stacks creators.

1 Like

Hi Jeremy - I agree with you about yuzoo - I posted on the forum

shari

Hi jeremy, you are right ā€” they really messed up their website.

Sounds like they are moving things around. Hopefully they are aware as @yuzool has said above.

1 Like

@yuzool offers a Stripe Checkout Stack, but you need to set up your products one by one

edit: okay, just noticed that iā€™m a little late :sweat_smile:

well, there is still the pulse cms cart stuff, which also uses stripeā€¦iā€™m pretty sure @yuzool and/or @instacks would love to help you setting everything upā€¦

as far as i know paddle also accepts credit cards, so maybe the paddle stack or the paddleboard stack might be of interest for you. personally i really like to use them building a little storefront using those stacks + the light page stack by @nickcates

what kind of problems did occur with rcp?

2 Likes

@LSPhoto @Noridge Without a doubt Cartloom 4 for RapidWeaver. Briefly, hereā€™s 3 reason whyā€¦

1. We offer a Free (no monthly fee) plan. Thereā€™s no upfront cost either.
  2. Instant Stacks 3 integration, itā€™s drag from Cartloom - and drop into your Stacks page, and boom! Thereā€™s a full online store.
  3. Definitely compare, but visually our cart, checkout, and online admin is beautiful - with an unmatched feature set!

Hereā€™s a demo of our embeddable store: https://nickcatesdesign.com/preview/rapidweaver/clearing/tools/cartloom-online-store/

2 Likes

The problem with RCP is I spent 6 months setting it up and when Iā€™d run into problems, I could not reach support. Itā€™s been over 2 months since they last responded, despite my best efforts to reach them.

One of the options I need is and ā€œif thenā€ kind of set upā€¦ a user chooses an option (dropdown, checkbox, radial, text fill), which then gives them more options. I have a whole store full of products that can be complicated to set up.
I had asked @rob about this to see if such options were coming in the future, also reached out with some customization issues I was having. Either way, with no response or support, I canā€™t count on this product to be supported or know if it will suit my needs with further updates.

I canā€™t say this enough. I will pay CC fees, but I do not want an online subscription based service, or one I have to pay fees on top of CC fees. Something I can build myself in RW. From what I can see, all of the paddle stacks need a subscription fee.

I donā€™t know Pulse CMS, will check it out, thanks.

My concerns with the free monthly plan:

Thanks for your feedback - itā€™s valueable to hear! The 2% is as competitive as any other online cart service. A huge difference in how Cartloom works - we integrate so many commerence solutions into a complete package. So you can send out beautiful newsletters to customers of certain products, export reports for accountants, create custom invoices, follow up with abandon carts to recovery potential lost sales, etc. No other fixed price cart solution will give you this - to the best of my knowledge.

2 Likes

Nick-
I appreciate your response. Seems like I will not be able to do everything I want unless I get the Pro version, which is expensive as I already pay separately for some things you mentioned.

Can it do everything 17hats.com and Quickbooks Online can do? Can I create custom templates for contracts, quotes, invoices and emails? Create P + L with breakdowns? Add projects to a calendar? Create workflows?

Because, if so, I can cancel those and go with Cartloom. My problem is everything has become subscription based and the fees are adding up.

Can I have unlimited options for products? If, then, options? Take a look at my one of my photo albums, which have many options: https://www.lisasandlerphotography.com/client-products/albums-books/premium-photo-albums/

thanks, Lisa

@nickcates, Hi Nick I have exactly the same questions as @LSPhoto Lisa asking. Looking forwards on your answersā€¦

1 Like

I canā€™t speak on 17hats and Quickbooks, as Iā€™m not deeply familiar with their feature set.

Cartloom can:

1. Create quote estimates, or live billing invoices for clients and have them click for approval or payment online.
  2. Create custom workflows for how you do e-commerce, you can customise your Cartloom dashboard and launch actions to best fit your business needs.
  3. Yes, each products can be configured with unlimited spin-offs and options.

And cannot:

• Create a P+L breakdown - itā€™s not accounting software.
  • Offer time management, like scheduling, etc. You should be able to find a fixed cost Mac or iOS app for this IMO.

Iā€™m most curious as to what part about the Pro plan you feel are needed, that the Plus plan does not offer. Thanks for your input! And hey - sign ups are free, grab some coffee and test the waters :slight_smile:

2 Likes

6 Product Images (I have many - examples: https://www.lisasandlerphotography.com/client-products/albums-books/premium-photo-albums/ or https://www.lisasandlerphotography.com/client-products/prints-wall-art/
Free and Plus plans are limited to 3 product images. Pro plans double that - allowing for 6 product images

Unlimited Product Groups (again, goes to the above):
Free and Plus plans are limited to 3 custom product groups. The Pro plan has no limit on group count - allowing unlimited product combinations.

So I cannot create contracts? For instance, if I wanted to sell a photography portrait session, I now do that through 17hats. I can create a client, project, quote, invoice, contract, and receive payments through Stripe.